#100DayChallenge - Day One

Spend Time Creating: Watercolor swirls in pastel colors in the background. Text includes the following: “#MusicTherapyMaker,” “Saturdays at musictxandme.blogspot.com,” and the website URL: www.musictherapyworks.com.
It has started - the #100DayChallenge has begun, and I have finished my first little bit of art for this challenge. I started this challenge last year, went for about 40 days and then stopped. I am trying this again by starting the challenge I abandoned last year right where I left off. 

My word of the year is "play," and I chose that word because I have felt that I have over-focused on doing more and more for the past several years. I have come up short for the same past several years - not doing what I state I want to do. As a result, I have been in a cycle of guilt and self-recrimination for all of these years. So, I decided that this year would be a year where I focus on the things that I love to do rather than the things that I feel like I should be doing.

I cut out the projects that I am working on yesterday. I started to put one together, forgetting that I want to laminate the covers before I put in the signatures, but that's the way my projects often go, so I plan a prototype where I learn lots about what I want to do on the next versions of the projects.

I now have a stack of Blu-Ray covers ready to be laminated and then stuffed with paper to release on my Etsy store. I just need to fire up the laminator and move forward on this project so I can see if people are interested in these little books. Once I am finished, I can check that project off my ever-growing list of things I want to do.

Today is a day full of jobs. I have Sunday School to run for my class - I had one last week - then I help to lead worship and the choir. After that, I have to get home quickly to start the Annual Board Meeting for the Online Conference for Music Therapy, Inc. After that, the day will be pretty close to over, but I might get some laminating finished up. That would be a good way to finish the day - working on a creative project rather than working.

I put up a big poster in my Star Wars hallway yesterday. Yep, I have a Star Wars hallway in my house. It is the hallway in the basement that leads from the main rooms to the furnace room and the bathroom, and I am about the only one who sees it, so I am letting my fangirl flag fly in that back hallway. So far, the plumbers who have been here have found it intriguing rather than silly. I redeemed some Disney points for a large poster for the show, Ahsoka, and I finally put it up on the walls yesterday. I love it, but I will need to switch two small posters around to help make the hallway feel a bit more balanced. I also have four small Star Wars pictures and a sign to bring down from upstairs to put into this hallway.

Right now, I want to take my morning shower and get ready for my work day. I have started my #100DayChallenge (and will NOT be boring you for the entire 100 days about what I am doing), so I feel like I have made a good start to my day. I forget what we are talking about in church today, so I am not sure what we will be talking about at Sunday School yet, but I will get it figured out before my first customers arrive. I also want to put in a trip to Walmart for breakfast and some V-day discount shopping.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA