Wednesday - The Beginning of the End of the Year

A Day in the Life of This Music Therapist: A rectangular box with the text: www.musictherapyworks.com, musictxandme.blogspot.com, and the title "A day in the life of this music therapist."
Today is the last day for my students for the 2023 calendar year. Teachers have to report tomorrow for professional development and grade preparation tomorrow, but then we are finished with our work for the same year. Our co-workers, the Behavioral Health Technicians, will be working with our students for the rest of the year. Today is the beginning of the end of the year for me.

We have our Holiday Sing today. We are going to sing holiday songs at the end of the school day, usher everyone back to their classes, and then shoo them out the door during our early release afternoon. After this afternoon, I only have one more church service to go before I get on a plane and head home for the first Christmas at home in four years! (Please, weather patterns, do NOT screw this up for me! I really want to go home.)

I have to run three groups this morning and then get ready for the Sing. I will be exhausted at the end of this day, but then I have choir rehearsal and music for the Christmas Eve service to type out, so I will not be able to rest. Tomorrow, however, my intern is going to work from home while I go to work for some work time. I would like to empty my office, give it a deep clean, and then rearrange, but I cannot lift stuff too much so I will probably just move things around and around.

I am pretty frustrated about the state of my left hand, but there was progress made on that front yesterday. I got a referral for a doctor closer to home, so I am hoping that I will hear from them later today to arrange an appointment to get the evaluation I wanted to happen way back in October when I was broken. I hope that I will get some good news - Occupational Therapy rather than surgery - but we will see once I get the evaluation.

Okay. Holiday Sing. Christmas Eve morning service. Professional development and a work day. Cleaning the house. Packing my bag. Wrapping the presents. Home.

It's Wednesday - the beginning of the end of the year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA