Taking One More Day Off...

It is the seventh day since this cold took over my life. I am better, but not better better yet. I am to the point where I am feeling guilty about not being at work but where I still can't seem to move out of my house. I have to get a chest x-ray today to complete the instructions of my doctor, so I will venture out and do that, get the last round of medication ordered by my other medical professional, and then sleep while I can. I am still very tired and that is coupled with medication that makes me jumpy, so being at home one more day will be good for me.

At least, that's what my brain is telling me.

I firmly believe that sick time is meant to be taken when you are sick. I wish more of my co-workers felt that way so they would stay home and not contaminate me with their ick. Oh well - they don't, and I bear the brunt. I should probably still wear a mask, so I will look into purchasing some for my use when the kids start to get sick and when my co-workers get sick as well. What I have now seems to be more cold than anything else - the COVID tests are all negative. A cold should not be able to knock me out for a week, but I tend to get more sick when I get sick these days. Time to buy masks in bulk.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA