Spend Time Creating

It is Saturday again, and I have spent the past three hours sitting up at my computer (while my medication dissolves in my stomach and doesn't cause additional issues) writing a silly project of mine. I am enjoying this project, but I'm not going to talk about it much - other than just doing it. I am having fun, and that is the most important part of any creative process.

Have you ever had to do something that just absolutely was no fun at all? My thesis topic was that for me. I did not like the project at all, but I went through it because I had a promise that I could do something that I liked for my next project. The entire thing was a misery from beginning to end. I finished it and earned my degree, but I did not have fun.

Fun is important when you are creating.

If something isn't fun, there isn't much motivation to doing that something.

I wonder if that is one of the reasons that my interns don't like writing TME plans. Do they not find it fun to write songs or come up with games or themes? I find it fun (well, most of the time). Maybe I could do some more expression of that fun when interns arrive. I will strive to model more of the fun that I have when I play in my job.

I tried to get some people together to do an idea development time but no one showed up. I miss collaboration with enthusiastic music therapists, but nobody seems to want to spend time on online forums anymore. Oh well. I might try something on one of the social media groups that I am part of to see if I can get some more ideas...Creativity comes in all sorts of forms, doesn't it? 

Time to get this new idea started and log off the computer. I am going to make a chicken salad sandwich for breakfast and then sleep. I am exhausted but getting better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA