Sentimental Sunday: Post #2989 - July 16, 2022

Sentimental Sunday – Graphic has mottled gray background with yellow spindly flowers coming from off-screen on both bottom corners. In script, there is the text, “Sentimental Sunday.” Under the title text, in smaller print, the text states, “musictxandme.blogspot.com” and www.musictherapyworks.com -the URLs of the blog and the website.
It is Sunday, which means that I am diving back into the archives of my blog posts to see if past me has any information or insights for current me that I can take as I transform into future me. Today's randomly selected post is #2989 which spits me back into the world of July 2022 - so, not so very far away in the past.

This post chronicles the beginning of my task box journey at work. I have continued the practices that I outline in this post - the yellow journal, making things for my students, and trying to think about what my students need to learn more than anything else. One of the things that has happened since I wrote this post is that I have moved to less box activities and into more file folder/binder page activities. This was primarily because I do not have the money to purchase many pieces of things. I am trying to figure out ways to keep going with this project without spending my money.

I have made and distributed over 100 tasks and activities for my clients in the past year and four months. One of the things that I wanted to do but haven't done yet is the TPT part of it all. So, one of my quests for this year is to generate my own file folder/binder files to post on TPT in my store. Another quest for this year is to make a library to pull from for various months, seasons, and goal areas.

I need to write these down where I can see them everyday.

Done.

This project came out of feeling bored at my job and having lots of empty time. I am still in that situation, but my empty time is increasing because we have a lack of teachers and three closed classrooms. In January, I will have all my groups and individuals back from my intern, so I will have more therapy time and less time sitting in my office, but I will still have 10 hours of time where I cannot fill the music therapy room with therapy due to our master schedule.

I do not like empty time. I do not have much to prepare for my sessions other than some music learning and memorizing and session strategizing. So, what do I do with the rest of the time at work? I think or I make things.

My storage room needs organizing. Desperately. I cannot do that with an intern in the room as their office. I will have some time to work on it in January. Everything is being postponed until January.

For now, I am still watching more therapy than I am doing. I am working on the things that I can work on with a left hand restriction and limited actual resources. I am tired of being bored, and this is a good reminder that I do the best when I challenge myself to do something new.

So, back to the task box challenges that I made for myself back in July 2022. It is time for my next challenges to arrive and become part of what I do as part of my job.

I am itching to get back to work so I can figure out my action steps for this quest of expanding my task creation into something that fills up more of my time. When I am filling up work time, I want to use work resources and work materials. Other things need to be made at home so I retain intellectual property rights for those files.

I have two new quests based on the review of this post from past me. I think that's pretty good for a snowy, Sunday morning. Off to do some writing and then slogging through the snow to get to church.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA