Heading Back to Work

I am feeling better. I am not better yet, but I am feeling better. Does that make sense? I guess the marvels of modern medicine are helping me, and I am grateful.

Today is pretty much a day of rest for me at work. The one group that is on my caseload is now no longer in existence, so I will spend the day in making tasks, writing TMEs, and consulting with my intern who has been doing her caseload without me all week. I will then head out to my workers' compensation doctor for some x-rays of my broken finger to see if I am healing at all, and then head home in the Friday afternoon traffic and construction. Ugh. There will be no way to get home without encountering jams and closed highway lanes. I am glad that I am heading back to work, though.

Yesterday, I went to the hospital for a chest x-ray and then to my pharmacy for the last prescription for a bit (I hope - I had to go three times in the last three days). I was exhausted after those excursions and came home to just sit and stare at the television. I still don't know what is going on, but I know that I do not have pneumonia thanks to the chest x-ray. My doctor's appointment was moved from next Thursday to Monday afternoon, so I hope that my pulmonologist will be able to help me figure things out. I also hope that this doesn't hang on as long as the last situation did.

Time to get into a work state of mind.

The worst thing about being gone for a week of work is the email mess that I will face. I anticipate that I will have more than 150 emails waiting for me and only 10 of those will be relevant. There is lots of junk that happens when you work.

Are you ever around someone who has a negative outlook about EVERYTHING that just comes off as constant complaints and criticism? That's part of what I consider "junk" at work. I have always found things that I don't like about my job, but I also find that the things I do like outnumber the annoyances. I also don't feel the need to complain about the annoyances that I cannot change simply because I cannot them. There is no use on complaining about having to meet deadlines or the schedule because I do not get to make those changes. They are not part of my life as a music therapist in the facility where I work. If I wanted to change those things, then I would need to go to a different type of workplace. 

My body is telling me that it is time to get going, so I am going to stop here. I hope to write a bit more tomorrow about things, but my writing is pretty fluid at the moment. So, I'll see you when I see you??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA