Spend Time Creating: Still Cannot Use My Left Hand - Finding What Creativity Can Be

Spend Time Creating: Watercolor swirls in pastel colors in the background. Text includes the following: “#MusicTherapyMaker,” “Saturdays at musictxandme.blogspot.com,” and the website URL: www.musictherapyworks.com.
I have today without obligation and with some restrictions as to what I can and cannot do, so I am trying to figure out what I can get going within my current restrictions. Do you know one of the most interesting difficulties with having a broken ring finger? I CANNOT TYPE A BLOOMING THING WITHOUT SIGNIFICANT SPACING ERRORS AND SPELLING ERRORS!!! I am having to backspace type (which my father declared was his form of typing) in every sentence! This makes writing more difficult than usual.

I am grateful that you cannot see my errors in these posts...

I am missing my opportunities to make things these days - I can't crochet, I can't make books, I can't paint, I can't use scissors, I can't do anything! I can't use my guitar or my keyboard to help me compose. I am very much stuck in "poor me" mode when it comes to creating. I still have about a month before I will be able to work on strengthening. In the meantime, I am faced with long hours of doing very little of what I love.

So, I need to change my idea about what my creativity can be.

I can create digital files. I have lots of digital files that are just waiting for my attention. I am working on a digital file of musical instruments, but I think this will need to be a bundle rather than a stand-alone file because it is already 30 pages long, and it is not finished yet! I am also going to work on my futuristic music therapy stories to help me express my creativity during this time of recovery. I am also going to experiment a bit with word to text technology to see if it is faster than my current state of backspace typing. The last time I did this type of finger thing, I did not like the word to text technology, but it might have become better in the past three years. We will see. I might do a bit more with my cameras and printers that I have recently. I can work on the list of things that I want to add to my YouTube channel. I can also make much-needed changes to my website - all things that I want to do but that were pushed aside in favor of making things with my hands.

Creativity comes in all shapes and sizes and expressions. When I think about my own creativity, I often think about what I do with my hands. At moments like these, I have to figure out other things that I can do to express my creativity that helps my bones heal. 

Thanks for going along on this journey with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA