Sick...Again...Ugh...

I have been brought down low by either a severe allergy or a cold. I am leaning towards allergy, but my recent allergy testing showed that I am not very allergic to just about everything. I am definitely reactive to lots of things, but there is a difference, apparently. 

Most of my co-workers have been out for several days recently. I think I finally got what everyone else had earlier this month. My problem is that this type of thing never stops at just a cold for me. It lingers. I had an episode of stuff (not the same as this stuff) starting on my birthday and lasting for six weeks. No one knew what it was and I went through so much medication and changing information that I just kinda gave up. Right now, I am not able to play instruments easily (heading back to the workers compensation doctor on Friday to see if my bone is fusing together or needs additional stuff to happen), and I cannot face time when I cannot sing either. The last round of crap that I went through required the use of inhaled steroids which made me very hoarse and made me think that I might be developing vocal nodules. Fortunately, that didn't seem to happen, but I am concerned about those medications since they mess with my livelihood.

Anyway, that's it for today. I called off from work and from my intern. I am going to crawl back into bed until I can call my pulmonologist. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA