Spend Time Creating

I went to Michaels on Tuesday afternoon to see if there was anything on sale that I needed. There was a bit of need happening, but only a bit. I have recently started my last blank journal and my preferred brand was on sale for 50% off, so I thought I would stock up. The best thing about buying blank books is that they do not go bad, so my stash can wait until I need the next one which will be next June. I also bought some markers to finish my collection - for some reason, all of my orange markers have disappeared or dried out. This is ironic because orange is my least favorite color but I need it for the rainbow colors that I prefer. The markers were "buy three, get two free," so I got five - three orange hues and two purples. I haven't used any of the items that I purchased yet, but that might happen this morning.

This morning is going to be a time dedicated to relaxation. I have a car maintenance appointment this afternoon, but there is nothing that I have to do this morning. I am up at the moment, but that will probably change once I am finished blogging. I am looking forward to just doing some reading and some unpacking of the boxes in my current bedroom. I have to clean out my car, change a lightbulb in my garage, and then head out to get the maintenance done. I also have to drag the trash can back to my home from the curb and get my mail. My to-do list is getting longer, but nothing will take more than five minutes.

I am getting my creative inspiration back. It has been dormant for a long time, but it is coming back. I am going to be pushing myself to get my TME development game going again - the goal is to write five TMEs every week to see if it is something that is doable. I think it is, but recent data indicates that it might not be. So, I need to go into testing mode...

Part of my creative process is to play around with sound, items, and ideas. I do a bunch of brainstorming and thinking and then moving sparks of creativity into full-fledged interactions. I spend time making things with my hands, creating music with my keyboard and voice, and doing chores around my home. I write things down in my ideas book, and I draw pictures to help me envision what the end product will be. I want to make some stuff this week, so I am going to work on my creative habits.

Time to get started. I am going to look through my ideas book to see what I have already thought about. It is time to finish things and then start some more things...

Creativity never completely stops - it just takes breaks every so often.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA