Spend Time Creating: Saturday Musings

Spend Time Creating: Watercolor swirls in pastel colors in the background. Text includes the following: “#MusicTherapyMaker,” “Saturdays at musictxandme.blogspot.com,” and the website URL: www.musictherapyworks.com.
Saturday has finally arrived and is happening right now!

I am happy to be in Saturday mode and will be spending some time doing some shopping in various stores that I do not frequent often and then running some errands. It is going to be a leisurely day, but a day full of things that need to be done. I got paid yesterday, so I feel like I can spend a little bit of money to get things that I want instead of only getting what I need. I, of course, have a budget, but it will be nice to go into the world and just look at things.

I have some pictures to frame and put on the walls. I have some surfaces to clear and collectible ornaments to display. I'll be creative through some decoration on this day.

I bought some wooden plaques at the Dollar Tree a couple of weeks ago, and I did a crayon rub to finish them (cheap way to add a patina to wooden surfaces - color the entire surface and then rub it with a tissue until the wax melts and becomes shiny). I am going to use them as makeshift memo boards in a small space by my desk. I need a place where I can hang things like OCMT work or my list of blog archive posts for Sundays. I think these wooden plaques will work with the addition of several clothespins and a bit of E6000 glue. So, I have a plan - I just need to do it!

I have two hours before my first errand destination opens, so I can spend a bit of time down here, organizing. It is always about organizing for me. Always.

Once I get a bit organized, I am going to spend some time thinking about what I want to do for the next week or two. I don't have anything planned out of the ordinary except something happening on Monday evening which is exciting - I'll let you know when I can what that Monday thing is...

I am also using my Sprocket printer to print out some little pictures and stickers to keep in my wallet and to put in some of my books. If you are a scrapbooker or picture taker or journaler at all, then something like this is really convenient. It is a Bluetooth device that prints 2X3 photos on sticker paper. I have another one that prints black and white photos on slick paper (not photo paper) that my sister got for me, and then she showed me her Sprocket. I went home and spent my Christmas money on my own Sprocket. I use both of them in my journaling and scrapbooking processes. I printed off some the pictures that my sister took during our trip to Vancouver - most of them have me in them, so I didn't have a chance to print them before, so my trip book will be almost finished with documentation for this last trip.

There are so many ways to be creative, and I dabble in many of them. I am not great at any of them, but I have fun exploring. Just so you know, I do lots of journal making and book binding. I also have some experience with crochet, sewing, painting, stamping, woodworking, watercolors, scrapbooking, beading, jewelry making, and content creation. I have lots of stuff and lots of interests in making things. I like learning how to do things, and I have a Skillshare account where I can learn more and more. I forgot about that account and just looked at it again. Time to take advantage of that account and do some learning...

So, my sister and I are having an early morning conversation. (Hi, Sister!) I am getting ready to start some laundry and get some real clothing on rather than my nightgowns (found some on sale a bit ago, and I LOVE them!). I am going to do some impulse purchasing today... see you on the other side!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA