Saturday: Spend Time Creating

Saturdays are my favorite days.

There you go. I have made it official. Of all the days of the week, Saturday is the day that I yearn for every single time. It is the day that I can keep for myself and myself alone. This is a definite advantage to being single and pet-less - I have the luxury of reserving one day every week for me-things.

I have little that I HAVE to do today, but tons of things that I NEED to do today. I am hoping to get some things finished up and off the list for some time. I just have to get going and do something! 

I tried to put together a book cover last week. I had some corrugated, sticky cardboard from the Disney Movie Club that has a cute design on the outside but is problematic on the inside. So, I wanted to add some paper to the inside to decrease the stickiness and make the cardboard usable as a cover. I had to put the paper/cardboard sandwich under lots of weight to make sure that it adhered, and I have not checked it since I put it under all the weight. It is time to see if the idea that I had actually worked or not. If it worked, then I will continue to add things to the book. If it didn't, then the entire idea goes into the recycling bin. That's the best thing about making things out of junk - if something goes wrong, it was always destined for the recycling bin, so I can toss it without guilt and with additional knowledge gained from the process.

I am very much a process person rather than a product person. I like making things just to make them. I am not as interested in using the things I make, but I love giving them away to people who can use them. I really do like to give them away. I am contemplating heading down the street to the little free library on the corner and putting some of my journals there since no one is asking for them. I think I have six books just sitting here, waiting to be loved by someone. I love them, but I loved making them even more than I love the thought of filling them. I find that strange, but that's the way it is for me.

I enjoy making books and many other things as well, but especially books. Time to start living this Saturday instead of just chatting about this Saturday. I'm going to move over to the craft desk and see what the status is of my Disney Movie Club cover process. I hope that you have some time to do things other than work or music therapy things. Thanks for being here!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA