Everyday Things

Today is the last day of the work week, and I am ready for my day off tomorrow. I have to leave my home tomorrow to get the tires rotated but I have nothing else to do. If I want, I can stay in bed until almost noon. I won't because I rarely do, but it would be nice...

Last weekend, I managed to finish the book that I've been working on for about a month. I also put together another book cover that is waiting for the insides to be created. I need to take some pictures and post these books over on Etsy for people to look at.

This week has been a much better week than the previous two have been. We seem to be settling down at work which is very helpful. My music therapy room is still cold, but I received part of my requisition of blankets yesterday, so I will be able to offer kids blankets if they complain. That will help a little bit. I am still waiting for the laundry basket and the other six blankets I asked for, but at least part of my order arrived. That shows a little bit of progress towards having an environment that is conducive to working with humans...

I woke up very early this morning after tossing and turning all night. Today is mid-term day for my intern, so I have things to do that may have influenced my sleeping. It is also stormy around here, so that might have been part of it as well. I didn't see any lightning, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't happening. Mid-terms are always interesting times in the life of my interns. We spend lots of time talking about developmental learning and processing. There are so many things that happen in the second half of internship that cannot happen until interns are comfortable with basic group leadership skills.

The next thing on my list is to run an event all about developing ideas to use with clients. That happens on Monday and here is the link to more information. I don't think I will be sharing this recording outside of the attendees to respect copyright and intellectual property of those who participate, so plan on attending!

My goal in offering some creative space for other music therapists is to foster some communities where we can talk about what we offer to our clients during sessions. There are so many people who want ideas and those requests are often met with some criticism (at least, that's what I've experienced). Let's create a community just for generating ideas for clinicians who want to make goal-based, client-centered interactions with the clients we serve. Consider joining us - I think it will be a good place to be on Monday night.

I think that's all for today. Thanks for being here, and I'll see you tomorrow (probably, but I might sleep in...).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA