Back to Writing

I just realized that I haven't written a post for the last two days. Here I am today, sitting here a bit later than usual, waiting for my head to clear from my late night medication routine, and trying to figure out what I am going to write about. My head is a bit foggy but is starting to clear out, so I have some thoughts about different things.

I was interviewed for the Canadian Music Therapy Podcast on Monday. I had a good time answering questions and talking about my perspectives as a music therapist with some history behind me but still more music therapy practice in my future. I enjoy being able to share my opinions about things with folks who are interested in listening. I also enjoy hearing the opinions of others who don't agree with me! I feel that we, as a profession, need to become more tolerant of the fact that everyone has opinions that are relevant for them - your opinion is just as valuable to you as mine is to me. Neither opinion is wrong, but mine might be wrong for you - AND THAT'S OKAY! You can hold an opinion that is not one that I want, and I can leave you be without being mean about it!!

I have been reliving my discussion with Adrienne Pringle and Cathy Thompson and am still answering their questions during my commutes. I haven't listened yet, but I will do that...eventually. (Anyone else cringe when they hear their own voice??) I have so much more to say about all of this. At the moment, however, those statements are still swirling around.

Perhaps I need a new thread of posts - vintage style... historical perspective and continued music therapy presence into the future...hmmm.


There you go...

I figure I might as well embrace the fact that I am a music therapist who is older than most in the field. I am, and I expect that I will still be a music therapist after I retire from my school job. I do not see a future without doing some sort of music therapy work, even after I leave this full-time job. I fully intend on being around, stating my opinions to any and all who will read, listen, and engage!

Speaking of, comments are always welcome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA