Sentimental Sunday: January 28, 2016

Sentimental Sunday – Graphic has mottled gray background with yellow spindly flowers coming from off-screen on both bottom corners. In script, there is the text, “Sentimental Sunday.” Under the title text, in smaller print, the text states, “musictxandme.blogspot.com” and www.musictherapyworks.com -the URLs of the blog and the website.
It is Sunday, and I have counted all my posts to put into my random number generator and selected today's sentimental post. It popped out post #1094. I checked my list and found out that I wrote that post on January 28, 2016

During this post, I talk about things I talk about constantly - struggling to get things done when there is lots to do. I am in that place right now, of course, because things are piling up as they always do. This is a good reminder that I continue to struggle with these same things. At times, I find this a bit disheartening because I haven't found a way to navigate this particular struggle, but I am also reminded that my struggles are pretty small compared to those of others.

My current circles are breathing issues, doctor's appointments, and home struggles. Not home struggles like people at home but how to make my living space more minimalistic for my health while navigating my health issues. My work is a bit of a smaller circle right now - or, at least, it will be once my intern gets better and can do part of my caseload again. I often feel like I am running around in circles. Perhaps that is just the way I move forward - in a spiral pattern. I'm okay with that, as long as it is heading in a forward motion.

I guess I can think about this is in a different way. Running around in circular spirals and making myself move forward can reframe this idea a bit. I can keep moving forward, even when I feel like I am just revolving. 

Okay. Today's circles are church, home, and making food for next week. The first circle will start in a bit of time. I am not looking forward to being part of the Sunday School teachers this year, but it is inevitable, so I might as well embrace it. I am hoping to spend some time going through the cabinet in the room where I work in order to see what I have in there. I will probably have to run the class even though I am not technically back on the job yet.

The second circle, home, is the one where I struggle the most. I hate housework, and it is easy to get behind in all of the chores when my body hurts and I have no interest in cleaning. This is the circle that needs the most attention right now. I am now supposed to wash all my bedding weekly. That is not going to help the water bill, but it is supposed to make a difference with my breathing. We will see.

The last circle is also one that I tend to neglect. I do not do the best job of making food for the week ahead. I have a pound of hamburger that I want to do something with, but I don't know what I want to do with it. I am not the best at planning my meals, but it may be time to start doing more.

I always have to do more. I think that is the most frustrating part of being an adult - always needing to do more. My "need to-do list" is the longest of all. It never ends. There will be some additions to this list after yesterday's visit to the allergist. It is time to figure all of this out once and for all. I need to get some stick-with-it-ness going. I need something to motivate me past the pain and into the chores that just keep needing to be done. I might try taking some pain relief before I drive home in the afternoons. That might help me feel a bit better once I get home and give me enough energy to do something on the list.

My family has a joke that we only do laundry on Saturdays. That was the time we were all at home, so it became laundry day. My sister made some comment to her realtor about having to do laundry on Saturdays, and the realtor pointed out that there is no rule about having to do laundry on any particular day. It was a bit mind-blowing for us all!!

I think that I would do better if I establish a routine like always doing my laundry on Saturdays and cleaning the bathrooms on Mondays or something like that. It is time to figure out what the pattern should be. Wednesdays are time to take out the trash and are also choir nights so no chores that evening. I have time all of the other days to do things. Now, I just got to get going.

I admit that I have not ever been all that motivated to follow through on any evening routine that I have tried to start. This will be the next attempt. Let's see how well I can create this circle this time around. Today, after church, I am going to see a movie, get my new round of medications, and then finish yesterday's laundry (actually, it was Friday's laundry, but you get it...).

Circles and circles and circles...let's hope I get some forward momentum this time around...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA