I Don't Want to Go!!

It is the dawn of day three of the regular school year, and I just plain old don't want to go today. 

This is not uncommon for me around this time of year. I am feeling pretty arthritic and tired and crabby, so I just don't want to leave my bed and go anywhere. I know that I need a paycheck, so I go anyway. Once I'm at work, I am completely happy to be there, but it is the process of getting there that I do not like. It was hard to get upright this morning.

It doesn't help that today is a Wednesday. We have six groups today. I am tired just thinking about it. Once September starts, Wednesdays are my choir rehearsal nights, so the day is full from dawn to past dusk. So, I usually feel this way on Wednesdays.

The rest of this week will be really easy. We see three groups on Thursdays and two groups on Fridays. I am filling the gaps in our Thursday schedule by adding in push-in groups for some of our classrooms and scheduling some individual sessions. My Fridays are being kept as planning/preparation days, so we have less of everything on Fridays. If we get our two open special education positions filled, we will have the addition of three more groups to our weekly schedule and Fridays will be a bit more client-focused, but I am looking forward to having some planning and preparation time again. I miss that time during the summer.

I made a couple of visual aids for the music therapy room yesterday. We had some time that is being filled up with individuals but is not full yet, so I used that time a bit more productively than in the past. I made a full color version of my animal choice pages and bound them into a book. I've used the black and white version with one group so far. I will be using that same version with another group this morning. I like having the pages contained but still portable so I can remove the icons that I need for specific songs or pass out all the pages so everyone has a page to hold and use during various animal therapeutic music experiences. I will work more on those projects on Thursday and Friday - no time to work on it today, that's for sure.

Since I didn't want to get up this morning (felt the same way yesterday which is why there was no TME Tuesday post), I am behind in my routine. Less time out of bed means less time writing. I have to take my shower, go get gasoline, and get to work. 

Happy Wednesday... even if you don't want to go...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA