Thankful Thursday: There Was Something In the Air Yesterday

Thoughtful Thursday 2022: Graphic includes a blue circle with a lightbulb on the right side of the circle. The circle includes the title, "Thoughtful Thursday," with additional text, "www.musictherapyworks.com" and "Thursday thoughts and musings."
Yesterday's music therapy sessions included thrown blankets, kids running around the music therapy room, people screaming about iPads, and lots of shivering because the beginning temperature of the room was 62 degrees F. It got to 67 degrees by the end of the day, but it continued to start off REALLY COLD! I have done my notes all week, so I am caught up until yesterday's SIX group sessions, so I can devote a little bit of time to talking to my intern about our PBIS system this afternoon before heading out for our long weekend. 

I am exhausted again. I started coughing a bit more yesterday than I have in the past week. It is just difficult to know whether I am coughing because of something in my environment or just because... Either way, I have not slept well for the past three nights.

This evening is one of my musical evenings. I splurged on season tickets to our (somewhat local to me) amphitheater for the Broadway season this summer. Tonight, I will be sitting in my WONDERFUL seat - perfectly center of the theater - next to Ann, the stranger who also has season tickets who sits next to me. I will be there for one of the two remaining musicals. The other one happens when I am gone, so I am giving that ticket to a friend of mine. This has been a good way to be outside and enjoy something I love - even in the humidity.

I decided to save my Country of the Month presentation for the last week of summer school when I am not present, so we are doing some summer songwriting this week. We are also doing some dancing to generate some body heat. Next week is supposed to be the introduction to our Note Neighborhood concept. I'm not sure I'm feeling that, but I will try.

There are two weeks before I am fully immersed in family time and the World Congress for Music Therapy. By this time, fourteen days from now, I will be finished with my workshop on the future of music therapy in education and clinical training and will be ready to just listen to others. I am looking forward to exploring a small bit of another place on the globe with my family and friends.

There are so many things going onto my to-do list for tomorrow and next week that I am staggering under the sheer amount of stuff that has to get finished. This always happens as I get ready for something new. I get overwhelmed by all of the things that need to be done and start all of my lists. Lists help me organize the thoughts that go through my head. It is time to focus on this next challenge. 

That's all that my brain can handle at the moment. I am going to take a shower, shake my short hair into place, and then go check my mail. After that, I'll go to work and do five groups before ending the day with my intern and then commuting to the theater. I have to get gasoline in the middle of it all or I won't make it there and back again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA