Break Chronicles: Day Eight - Lazy Day

Break Chronicles: Picture has a background image of a meadow with several tall trees, the sun shining through leaves, and a lake in the far background. The text includes the author’s Instagram handle, @musictherapyworkslandaker, the title of the post, “Break Chronicles,” and the URL of the website, www.musictherapyworks.com.
Today is day eight of my break. There is one more day after today before I head back into my regular work routine. It is getting more and more difficult to go back to work after these occasional weeks off. I am yearning to get bored, but I never really get there with the current schedule that we have at work. It's the same old song, so let's get back to something else.

Over the past week, I have been able to accomplish some big tasks and some little things that needed to be done. I put up some shelves and some pictures. I swept the kitchen floor and cleaned the bathtub. I got the leak in the bathtub fixed (Yay for plumbers!!) and folded all the laundry (except the stuff in the dryer). I spent some money that I should have saved, but there is some joy in the things that I bought. I moved all of my craft stuff out of storage and am currently putting things back in that same storage. I published another file to my TPT store. I've watched my first two episodes of The Clone Wars, and I have written them up in my new bullet journal. I got all my hair cut off, and I have learned the difference between having an allergy and a reaction to an irritant - spoiler alert - I am often irritated!

I have also read several books (including a couple of kids' series about Star Wars), tried to sew something that did not work out, downloaded a pattern to sew something that should be a bit more successful for me, and tried making my own breakfast sandwiches (it worked!). I am satisfied that I have done lots of things over this break. I went and saw a movie yesterday after my doctor's appointment. I also spent some money at Target on things that I didn't need at all. After the movie, I went home and ate chili dogs. I have also been watching lots of Canadian crime shows over the past seven days.

My next foray into break stuff is to sit down with my ideas book to organize the ideas that I have set down in those pages in a way that encourages me to work on them and get them DONE! I also am planning on working in my music therapy room. I want to hang my Boomwhackers on one of the walls in some way. To do that, I need to get to the walls, so it is time to go through the boxes that are still in that room. I will work on cleaning more space and getting things a bit more organized there. I like the idea of using my wall space for some of my instrument storage, and the Boomwhackers are something that can be placed on the wall to add some color to the room. After I get the space to move around, I will move my laminating things into that room and add the file cabinets as well. It is my goal to have this downstairs room a place for all of my instruments, music therapy materials, and laminating space. The books will be in the library, but everything else will have a home in the music therapy room. That's the ultimate plan. I anticipate that I will need some more containers.

School supplies are out in my local stores now. I bought some unnecessary Papermate Flair pens and some needed orange prong folders (I have all the other colors, but not orange), but that is all that I bought. I find school supplies hard to resist when I am shopping, so I constantly keep up a mantra of "I don't need this. I don't need that. I don't NEED anything!" It helps, but it also doesn't keep me from justifying the purchase of said Flair pens and orange folders. It did keep me from getting the 36 pack of pens and all of the new colors available in the same folders. I now have the rainbow colors in enough folders to make all sorts of binder communication systems! Time to move into making some stuff for my clients.

First, though, I am going to upload this post, get my penguin timer ready for 30 minutes of working on boxes followed by 30 minutes of working on something else, and get started on my music therapy room. Happy Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA