The One Thing I Finished This Week...

A Day in the Life of This Music Therapist: A rectangular box with the text: www.musictherapyworks.com, musictxandme.blogspot.com, and the title "A day in the life of this music therapist."
Forgive me as I do a bit of bragging. I may not have cleaned my house this week or even made a huge dent in the boxes that pervade every single room in my home, but I did finish my recertification process through CBMT yesterday!

This was my fifth recertification and my sixth round of board certification-ness. How does that work, exactly? Well, I am one of those older music therapists that you hear about in myths and legends. I have been a professional music therapist for 30 years now, and I plan on going along for another ten years at least.

I finished an ethics course through CE4less yesterday with 97% of the test questions correct. That was the last part of my CMTE coursework for this round. I have been unable to attend ethics courses at AMTA conferences, so I have been lacking in that one requirement. I found this course on Ethics and Boundary Issues and read through the 124 pages of information that came along with the course. I liked this one because it addressed social media and ethical boundaries in a way that made sense to me.

After finishing the course and getting my certificate, I was able to finish up the rest of the course listings in about an hour and, voila! Recertification accomplished! I now wait for my certificate to make copies and give them to my school district to ensure that I remain employed for the rest of my school career and beyond!

I didn't even use most of the CMTE courses and trainings that I experienced over the past five years. It is always interesting to see how fast the hours add up. The hard thing for right now is that I have to wait to take any more courses until after January. My certification cycle is January through December, so anything I do right now doesn't count towards my new cycle. That means that all the stuff that I do during the World Congress is just for fun rather than for my educational edification.

The other thing that I accomplished yesterday was a junk journal. I made a cover, put together twelve paper signatures, and then stalled because I do not want to sew all those signatures. So, I used the gift card credit that I had with Amazon to buy a large reach stapler. It arrives today and I will be able to finish my journal by stapling the signatures and then putting them into the book. I am hoping that my new intern will like the journal, but we will see.

I have the insides of another journal ready to go - I just need to make a cover for the leftover signatures and then pop them in. I will also have to do some decorating of both journals. I have been toying with the idea of a Disney-themed journal, so the extra pieces may just turn into that journal. I have lots of pieces from being a member of the Disney Movie Club, so I have plenty to decorate pages and to make things look pretty cool.

I enjoy making journals, but I don't use them. I prefer journals with set page sizes and dot grid lines. I don't like the frou-frou part of junk journaling. Other people make journals and then make them look all pretty. I don't. I make journals and give them away to other people so they can make them look all pretty - or not. I enjoy sending the journals off into the world so they can be used by other people. So, if you are wanting a journal, let me know.

There are two more days until I go back to work. I am trying to start a new allergy medication today, just to see if I can get my ear unplugged before it is time to head back into the routine. Monday will be an interrupted day - we have a color run type of thing happening. As a result, I will be missing at least one group while the festivities are happening. That will be helpful as it is intern #36's first day, and we will need to go over the requirements and assignments of the internship. I have told the organizer that I cannot be outside, so I am doing something with medals during that time. I don't know what is going on, but I will be there when I need to be.

So, I finished one thing this week - I am still a board certified music therapist! 

I might also cut my hair...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA