Taking a Break From Our Regularly Scheduled Posts

I am so sorry - in advance - for deviating from my usual posts. If you know, I am having a bit of a struggle with exhaustion. My brain is not waking up easily. I think this is medication side effects, but I am not used to it and it is frustrating. I am having to rely on audible alarms to wake up which is not my typical situation. I hate being startled awake by a sound - any sound, so I am waking before that sound goes off, but I still have that tension present every morning. I am having to use the alarms because I am sleeping through my light, but only sometimes. I am not consistently waking up when the light clicks on - that time is at 3:50am, if you are interested.

I am struggling to come up with ideas for this blog at the moment. I am not sure what to write about and how to make things work for me. This is something that has been happening more often lately, and I am wondering if I should just take a break from writing for a bit. I hate doing that because I find that this practice is a good one for me, but if things are not working, then why do them?

There are two schools of thought to the paragraph above - one - give up and do something else and two - just keep slogging through it all. I usually go with the second thing because I am bound and determined (translation: STUBBORN!) to do the morning routine that I have set up rather than adjust that routine to something that feels like chaos. At the same time, there is no requirement from life that I do the same things everyday at the same times. I do not have kids to get out the door. I do not have a pet who wants to be fed at the same time right now. (That might be contributing to my exhaustion and malaise.) There is no reason why I have to do anything in the mornings except take showers and ingest my medications. That's all I have to do.

What I like to do is have a couple of hours before I have to go to work to think about things. I like the early morning atmosphere of dark turning into day and the quiet that exists. I like hearing the toads, crickets, and birds singing outside. I enjoy watching the view out of my office window become lighter.

My brain is starting to clear - about an hour and a half after my light turned on and an hour after I was able to drag myself out of bed. If I allow my body to take over, I would have about a half hour to get ready for the day before I leave for work . That would keep my blogging practice out of my morning routine. I would have just enough time to take a shower and then get my water for the day before leaving. That's not a terrible thing, but it is a bit perfunctory. I am not sure that I would be ready to go into my work situations without a bit more "me" time in the mornings, but I can figure it out.

For the near future, I might want to reset my routine a bit more to reflect what is going on in my life. While the medications that I am on are doing a good job of keeping my back pain at bay, I am feeling like I cannot function as well in the early mornings. On Thursdays, the brain fog seems to last until during session times. To further define this situation, I am taking a relatively low dose of this medication. I am hoping that I will be able to maintain my pain on this level of medication so I don't have to increase my dosage. I can't imagine what would happen if I had to take more of this medication.

So, just so you know, I am going to be working on my morning routine. Blogging may or may not be a part of this routine over the next several weeks. I may just move blogging to the afternoons - when my brain is tired from work things rather than from medication side effects. This may change what I am thinking about and what I write. I will try to continue to post things, but I am not sure what I will be talking about in the afternoons versus the mornings.

Time to go take my shower, get my water ready, and head out to work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA