Thoughtful Thursday: Preoccupation with Not Getting Things Done...

I am currently a bit preoccupied with my to-do list. I get this way every time I get ready to make a trip of some sort. Today is the day.

I am prepared. I have my list of things to pack - and have packed them. I have my list of stuff to take with me - and I have that stuff as well. My backpacks are stuffed with stuff for the conference that I will be attending. I have no marketing materials which is something that I am lacking these days. Good thing I am getting back into the conference swing of things so I can get that sort of task figured out.

I enjoy moments like these. I can invent what I need to invent in order to brand my products to others. I have a logo that I really like, and I use it on all of my TPT products. This is a simple, black and white logo that includes a music staff and a treble clef. I am sure that someone else would find it bulky or not quite right, but I like it, so that's what matters the most. It is time to start figuring these things out because I am looking for ways to keep going after I leave my current job.

When I think about what I have already completed and shared over the years, my catalog is quite extensive already. I hope to be an exhibitor next year. This year, I am going to scout the exhibit hall to see what other people do and to get some pointers for myself. I was hoping to be an exhibitor this year, but three months of back pain and losing salary as a result really put a crimp in my plans. I am now working on returning to conference and gathering information before I commit again. The last time I was going to be an exhibitor at conference, the world was taken over by a global pandemic. I am a bit superstitious about jumping in again, I think!

If I had thought about this before an hour from departure, I would have generated a whole bunch of QR codes to print on stickers or cards that link to my website and my TPT store. I will do that when I return, and all future products will include that QR code to encourage folks to explore the other things that I have available for music therapists.

If I can find my box of completed products, I will take them with me to conference to give away to others. If I can't I won't. If you happen to be at the Midwestern Region Conference this weekend, look for me. Tell me that you read this blog, and. if I have anything with me, I'll give you something from my store.

I am going to head out to work a bit earlier than usual on Thursdays because I need to scoot out exactly on time so I can arrive at the conference hotel and settle in. I was going to do a morning CMTE, but that isn't happening, so I now have an extra morning to explore and think. I am looking forward to time in a hotel all by myself.

Now, have I packed enough underwear??

I'll see you when I see you!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA