Fiction Friday: Chapter Two of the Heretic story

Fiction Friday – Background of the graphic is a multi-colored watercolor painting using lots of pastel colors. In the center is a transparent circle with the text, “Fiction Friday!” and a smaller line of text including the URL of the author’s website – www.musictherapyworks.com
I think I am at the second chapter of the Heretic part of my story. Search the term "fiction Friday" to see the other chapters of my story bits and pieces.

CHAPTER TWO

The Heretic awoke one morning feeling a bit off. She was unable to identify why, but she felt out of tune with the world. She went about her daily routine, taking her guitar and instrument bag from place to place. All day things just felt “off.”

Clients who usually greeted her with enthusiasm complained about having to do music therapy. The teacher’s aides complained about how loud the students were singing. The sound of the ocean drum, usually soothing to agitated patients, elicited angry tears. Everyone seemed a bit off.

Do you ever have one of those types of days? I do. There are times when things just don't coalesce into something that feels meaningful? These are things that happen in the life of a music therapist, and I don't think we talk about this enough. At least, in my experience, the interns that I talk to do not seem to realize that there are times when we do not feel effective, heard, or engaged with at all. I know what is happening with the Heretic's story, so I know where I am going with all of this, but I wonder sometimes if there is something happening that is more than you or I can understand...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA