Wednesday: It Keeps Coming Around...

It is Wednesday again, and I think I am ready. 

For some reasons, Wednesdays are my most difficult days. I know that they are my longest days. I know that Wednesdays are the day that I spend more time in groups than in anything else. I know that Wednesdays just seem like they go on and on and then there are two more days to work after Wednesdays.

This Wednesday is going to be an even longer day to get through. In addition to an entire day of music therapy groups, we have a training that starts at 4 and goes until 8. I have to leave because today is Ash Wednesday, and my other job requires my presence. So, I have to take personal time rather than comp time for my absence. (Everyone else gets comp time, but I am not allowed for some reason - that's an entirely different subject and a bit of a rant, I'm afraid...) In order to make sure that I am not being punished for being around early (since I have to take the time from 5:20 to 8pm regardless of when I start my day), I am not going in to work until as close to 8am as I possibly can. No reason to be giving my time and attention away for free when I can't use that time to my benefit.

Yesterday, I finished my therapy day, showed up for bus duty, and then left. I stopped by a dentist's office and made an appointment. I had to go in because I know that I will not call about the dentist. I have an appointment now, and it is a place that I could walk to, if I had to. I then came home, went over all my email addresses and then got sick. I ended up having to sleep downstairs due to my sick and that actually wasn't a bad thing. I slept until about 4am which has been unusual for me lately. I will be having earlier home day times in the next several months, which will be nice. There is a big difference for me when I get home around 4:15pm than when I arrive home at 5pm. I look forward to leaving early (for me, anyway) tomorrow and Friday. It is nice to be home in the sunlight.

The new afternoon/evening routine includes some tasks that I am taking up for the next 100 days - a bit of art and a five-minute tidy task of some sort. This challenge starts today, so I am going to do my first bit of art this morning while I am resisting the pull to get to work early. 

Oh! I just remembered that I have a box waiting for me in my mailbox area. I used to get some subscription boxes of stationery stuff, but those boxes became disappointing or just disappeared, so I decided to move my small purchase budget to Etsy rather than the subscriptions. As a result, I tend to make a purchase once a quarter from one of my favorite stores - Craft Boss Lady. This time around, I purchased a 4 lb. random box. So, there will be 4 pounds of stuff in a box for me. I'm looking forward to opening it and seeing what sorts of things I can use and regift!! I hope that it will be full of scrapbooking and papercrafting things because that is what I love! I am trying to get my craft area ready for the next spurt of book making, so I am hoping for some inspiration to make me feel inspired to clean and then make things...

I have one more hour to go before I can leave for my scheduled day. This is the time that my time anxiety takes over. "MJ, it is 6am. Time to get to work so you can have some quiet time to get your work done..." I know that I have plenty of time and my reasons for going in at the scheduled time of 8am are sound and can be easily justified, but I still have the itch to move into my routine. So, since this itch is present, let's use it to go my five minute clear.

I'm going to go do that and then head out into the world to do this long day.

Happy Wednesday, all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA