Wednesday Woes - Will There Be a Snow Day Today??

 It is snowing outside, and I am hoping for a snow day. It is Wednesday, so my schedule includes six groups and a dyad that will end up being an individual session because one of the partners was horrible yesterday, so no extra music therapy time. There are three weather alerts going on right now, and there are only six closings. I guess I will have to head out into the slick world to go to work. I'm not looking forward to anything about this day.

To be honest, I am not sure if I will stay home either way. My head hurts so much right now, and my body is creaking. If we have a regular school day today, then I have physical behavior management training to do, and my body just won't handle it. If we don't have school today, then I can postpone all that for another week. 

There are more closings happening right now, which is a good thing, but nothing down by work. Five of our districts served are closed which means that those students will not be attending. That is helpful, but not exactly the news that I want right now. Come on, southern school districts, let's get to canceling!

I think I have decided that I will take the day off if it ends up being a day off. I have 30 minutes before I have to leave in order to get to work on time. If things aren't cancelled by that time, then I will be at work for the snow day. That's not a bad deal either. Since I work at a residential facility that has an associated day school on campus, if I come in on a snow day, then I get a day to take off at a future date. So, if I end up being at school and the day is cancelled, I still have students to work with and time to take later on. It works out well for me either way.

The first of the southern schools has closed. Let's see if the others will close as well. Come on, superintendent! I need to know.

I am exhausted and achy and just plain old out of sorts. To add to it all, the student who causes my life such turmoil on Wednesdays was readmitted after being discharged. 

SCHOOL IS CLOSED!! Just got the notification! 

I am now crying through the pain of my headache and body aches and all that. Thank goodness for this day to just not have to do things - all the things. I can go back to sleep and try to sleep this headache off. Most of my big headaches have to be slept off before they go away. My migraines are like that. This doesn't seem like a migraine - it's more of a stress headache. It is almost time for OCMT, so stress is a big part of my life right now.

To add to all the OCMT stress, I also had some medication difficulties on Monday night. I couldn't remember if I had taken my meds or not, so I didn't take them until significantly later than usual. That led to my Tuesday morning being a bit snowed under the medication and not really being able to think much about anything other than my next steps. 

Today's next steps are to set up my OCMT to-do list and timeline, take the aforementioned nap, and then just watch the snow fall from my bedroom windows.

I have a snow day!

I feel sorry for those of you who live where there is less inclement weather because you don't get the extreme swings between "will we go to school today?" and "will we get to stay home and play in the snow today?" Today's answer is now a given. Thankfully, I can stay home.

Time to get going into my day off...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA