Systems in Music Therapy: I've Got Nothin'

Usually, on Fridays, I write a bit about the systems that I have set up so I can work smarter rather than harder, but I am at a loss right now for something to write about. I've covered color-coding, visual aid boxes, organization, bullet journaling, time blocking, session strategizing, therapeutic music experience development, super-sticky post-it notes, and all of the other things I can think of, but I think I am at the end of my systems.

Maybe it is time to start another series.

I want to write something that will help other people find and keep their way into and through this profession. I do my best writing (in my opinion, anyway) when I am writing about the peripheral things that music therapists have to do in their roles - the stuff that we don't really talk about during our coursework. These are the things, that during internships, we call "administrative duties." These are the things that have to happen for a successful music therapy practice to happen - the budgeting, the organization, the time management, and all that stuff. So much stuff!

These are the things that can make or break a music therapist, and these systems have kept me going, I think.

So, what to do when you can no longer think of new tips to share with others? Gee whiz, I'm not sure.

I will spend some time thinking about this. I do have an idea for sharing personal pet peeves, but that seems a bit too negative for the season I'm in right now. I might wait to share that one until the summer when I am more likely to be in a naturally occurring negative mood...

For now, though, I am going to get myself ready to go to work for the last day of this week. We have three groups and one individual who earned some extra time in the music therapy room through our behavior reward program. I also have lots of documentation to finish, intern supervision, and some task box creation time to fill today. While all those things are happening, I'm going to spend some time thinking about this and many other topics.

Happy Friday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA