Saturday - Short Weeks Are Always the Longest Weeks

I had Monday off from work. That made this week seem indeterminably long. It always happens that way. I am never really sure why, but having Monday off makes Tuesday through Friday just drag on and on...

My week was full of watching my intern lead sessions, leading my own sessions, and lots and lots of thinking. This past four days was not a "doing" time, but was a thinking time. I did put together a paper bag junk journal for a co-worker's birthday. It turned out pretty well, and she's an art therapist so she will use it for all sorts of things. I am having fun making things for other people. Everyone is getting some sort of homemade gift from me, and I am using up some of my stuff in the process! That is the best part of all for me - using up stuff!!

My interest in papercrafting stems from my interest in books. I like books in all sorts of forms. I like hardbacks and paperbacks, blank books and picture books. Books are a part of my necessities all the time. It is rare that I do a time without a book of some sort within reach. Reading is my go-to self-care and leisure option. My second favorite thing to do is to make books and things out of paper.

I spent some time this week making origami envelopes. They are quick and easy, and I plan on making many more to put into my books and projects in the future. I even made one out of part of a super-sticky post-it note! It is fun to find a little thing that can be done without much thought or time. These will make cute additions to future projects.

Today, though, I am going to focus a bit on finding things to do at home. My next two weekends will be dominated by the Online Conference for Music Therapy, so I am going to soak in some home time today. The dishes need to be done. The kitchen needs to be cleaned. Laundry...bathrooms...vacuuming...you name it. It all needs to be done. So, as long as my back holds out, I am going to do some work. I also have to make a trip to get medications and to shop a bit but that should be accomplished by 10am, so there will be lots of time to get other things done today. It would also be nice to hang some pictures and unpack a box or two. We will see what gets done.

Happy Saturday, and here is a series of pictures of my latest project.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA