Time to Get Going

Today is a "hurry up and wait" type of day. I have lots to do, strange times to do some things, and too much time before adventures start. I am facing some medication disruptions and schedule changes in the next 24 hours, but I will persevere. 

It always amazes me how much has to get done before the next thing happens. Today's list is to monitor a thawing toilet which froze over, watch the furnace as it has been a bit wonky - I slammed a couple of panels and things started working again - and run the dishwasher. I am packed with most of what I need to take with me, but I have to put in the last minute things because I think I am going to spend seven hours in the airport rather than try to sleep for a couple of hours at home. It is better to get to the airport and then doze while waiting for the gate to open than try to fight my medication and drive when my eyes can't focus well. I am hoping that the airline will offer to check my bag at the gate all the way to my final destination, but I am fine if they do not. I have my new laptop ready to go to keep me entertained. I am contemplating some books to take with me just in case I cannot use the wifi to access my Kindle content. I am trying really hard to reduce the amount of my electronic devices, and I need a laptop to write on - the tablet just doesn't do what I want it to do, so the tablet is staying at home. Once I get some mini SD cards, I will have lots of storage so I can decrease my reliance on wifi when I travel. The SD cards are coming soon, and I will be unstoppable!

So, the to-do list is growing, but not unmanageable.

I have plenty of time to get things going. My only obligation today is a very late church service. I am not a nighttime person, and having to wait until my bedtime to get started with the service just messes up my entire existence.

It will be lots of singing tonight. There are twelve (with an option for two additional ones if we need 'em) hymns on the bulletin for this evening's service. My choir is not singing, so I am doing it all. People are also asking me to do some readings at the service, but I need to save my voice! Blech!!

I have to get some food that can survive several hours in the car, freezing, and something to drink. I hope that there will be some vending or food options at the airport so I can stock up on snacks for the overnight. I know that I will be leaving for the church service very early so I don't fall asleep here. I will get a meal at that point, but I will not be able to eat much of it because of singing reflux. Life is so challenging at times.

I have to get going because I have spent way too much time on blogging this morning. I know it doesn't look like it from this post, but I wrote a personal post before this, so I have been writing for a couple of hours already. It is time to move into some of my to-do's.

If you celebrate this holiday, then I hope that you can find peace. If you do not, I also hope that you can find peace in the rush happening these days. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA