The Last Day of the Year

It is the last day of 2022, and I am ready to finish this year.

I was talking to my mother last night about our traditional New Year's Eve traditions. We fall into bed and trust that the calendar year will change without us. We, occasionally, stay up until the new year has reached our continent, but we don't do that very often. A wild New Year's Eve at my house includes some ginger ale and watching movies until 9pm!

2022 brought lots of physical changes to my body and lots of new challenges for me. I now have slipped discs, sciatica, mild sleep apnea, lots of new medications, and physical therapy exercises - I really should be doing those more often...

I found some renewed creativity and interest in things that I had eschewed. I have shifted some things around in my priority list. I have contemplated my future - lots and lots - and I have decided what no longer works for me, and I am releasing those things into the universe. There you go.

My word for this year was "deepen."

I worked on exploring topics that interested me. I did lots of introspective exploration of my life and my future. I wrote and wrote and wrote. I have done so much thinking. I went to two different continuing education courses to explore my knowledge of different topics in the world of music therapy. I did a bit of reading but not as much as I would have liked to accomplish. I read as much as I could about the issues that are part of our music therapy community right now.  I spent so much time, during my pain experiences, just thinking about things.

For the moment, though, I am ready to change from thinking to doing again. My new word of the year is "transform." It is time to be active again. I only need one course for recertification for this cycle, so I don't need to hunt out too many opportunities for continuing education. I am ready to do more with what I am passionate about.

I am making my quest map today.

Transform.

2023 Word of the Year – Transform: Background of the graphic looks like water. Words are contained in an almost transparent square. The top text states, “2023 Word of the Year.” The focus text is “transform,” and is followed by the website URL, www.musictherapyworks.com written in script.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA