Thoughtful Thursday: Snowed Under and Feeling "Meh"

I am sitting here, at the time I usually leave my home to get to work, taking an extra hour for myself because I am having lots of medication side effects this morning and just can't quite get my eyes focused. I have a strange response with these medications. I am hoping that I will be able to stand up and see what I'm doing so I can take a shower and get going to work here in a bit.

Yesterday was our late day at work, and just like I predicted, no one came to the music therapy room at all. It wasn't as bad as I expected, though. I think that blogging about it in the morning helped me make the day a bit better than it usually is on these days. I didn't feel as cranky as usual. I also didn't get anything done.

Tomorrow is an inservice/progress note day. I have to be there. I don't have any progress notes to write because I do not provide an IEP-related service. I provide educational enrichment services, so I do daily point of contact notes rather than IEPs and progress notes. I have a morning of things that have little to nothing to do with my job, and then an afternoon of work in my room. I get to welcome a new music therapy professional to the end of an internship tomorrow afternoon. I enjoy that process.

Today, I will monitor two group sessions and run one of my own. Next Tuesday, I will be running so many more groups because I will only have one intern. I am looking forward to this. I have missed being more involved with my students. I will be able to dive back into my first passion - being a music therapy clinician.

I have arranged my internship program so I will have several months of solo clinicianship. (Not a word? Oh well.) In fact, I may have a five month hiatus from having an intern - that is fine with me. I am ready for a break from being a mentor.

It is time to head upstairs to get the rest of my day started. One of my two individuals will be on a field trip today. Three groups on the schedule, and then the day will be over. As far as I know, I have nothing to do with others when I get home. See you tomorrow.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA