Another Wednesday...Another Disrupted Week

Today is a day where I have some difficulty writing anything that I find interesting - even to myself. So, I will try to find something that is somewhat interesting before I have to take my shower and head out for the day. I did not go to work yesterday due to a lingering fever that has drained me of energy, so this has been yet another disrupted week. My fever broke in the middle of the morning yesterday, so I was able to find a bit of energy yesterday afternoon and did some organizing in the craft room. I also took a nap and then talked to some interns and students last night before sleeping downstairs in the cool of the basement. We are supposed to get a cold front coming through tomorrow and Friday, so I am looking forward to the easing of my heat/humidity pains and SAD.

I have been spending some time thinking about one of my passions - competency-based education and clinical training. I submitted a proposal for a virtual session to the Ontario Association for Music Therapy for next month on this topic because it tends to be something that we say we do, but we don't really actually accomplish - at least, not in the way that we should be if we are really going to be a competency-based profession. I am a BIG fan of CBE, when it is done as the model requires, but we don't do this as much as we should. There. I've said it.

As a result, I want our profession to become more purposefully competency-based in our educational programs and our clinical training experiences. There has to be clearer communication between students and professionals about why they are asked to do what they are asked to do. Without clear expectations and outcomes, we cannot grow as a profession.

I have to leave for work now, so the rest of these thoughts will have to wait until tomorrow morning for Thoughtful Thursday.

Happy Wednesday, all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA