Diving Into the Ideas Book...and the Task Box Book...and All the Other Books, Too!

I am an idea generator. I have more ideas than I have time to execute in my regular life. When I sit down and try to accomplish my ideas, I tend to get partway through the situation before getting to a place where I have to think a bit more about things before I can proceed. While I am working on getting things put together for idea #1, several more ideas pop into my head. It is a very challenging procedure for me that often leads me into feelings of inadequacy that can, at times, overwhelm me. Since this is something that is part of my regular way of existing, I have found ways to help me record the ideas for eventual manifestation. What I really need is the opportunity to not need to go outside my house to be able to pay for things so I can putter around in my studio until things get finished up! But, alas, like everyone else in this world, I do need to work in order to pay for my dreaming...

I am currently working on task boxes and activities for my clients at work. My latest idea is something that I can print off on index cards and set up pretty quickly. I am going to turn this idea into a Teachers Pay Teachers file since I am spending significant amounts of time here at home working on this project. I am also trying to find ways to make these task boxes things that I can easily adapt into music therapy task boxes. I love this sort of project. There is no wrong. There is only idea generation!

I have spoken at length about my idea recording system. Yep, it is a system that works really well for me. Here is link to some of the posts that I have written in the past about my Ideas book and all that stuff. I won't get back into all of that on this post.

Right now, I am thinking about how to adapt my current project and make it more relevant for music therapists and music educators, but I am also thinking that I want to label my Kanban Boards with different functions - for example, I am thinking about a Teachers Pay Teachers board. I am starting to think that I am having some difficulty focusing on various things. So, I turn back to the systems that help me function.

What sort of systems do you use in your life? Do you use books or digital things or large wall calendars or project management systems?

I have tried many ways to keep myself and my ideas organized, but writing things down in a book is the best way for me (so far!). Now it is time to get some things finished up!! I am going to finish my entire project today. I have the idea, I have made some templates, and now it is time to print, laminate, and cut out the pieces. I will brand them with my logo, and then give them to my clients to see how they work in real life. After that, I will make more using my work resources for my co-workers to use in their classrooms. 

When I am idea manifestation mode, I always make prototypes before anything else. This allows me to figure out the task analyses needed to make stuff. I try my best to write down my process in order to help others replicate the process. I appreciate a well-written step-by-step plan for putting anything together, so I strive to produce the same. Once I have a prototype finished up, then I go into mass production. Now, for my facility, mass production will mean about 10 copies of anything that I make. While I am making things with my ideas, though, I can make many more copies for my own business - all with stuff that I purchase independently and keep here at home. I can brand those copies to keep track of them all.

It is time to start doing this rather than just talk about it. Have a great Saturday, all!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA