Somehow, It Is Monday Again

It is amazing how things revolve and how Mondays inevitably return, week after week, month after month. My Mondays are not (currently) full of groups, even though that would be the way I would prefer it - full Mondays and emptier Fridays, so I am preparing myself for supervision, consultation, an individual session, and an in-class relaxation session.

We've had a definite COVID exposure in our department, so we will be looking for symptoms and monitoring ourselves as well as monitoring others. We still wear our masks around each other, but we had relaxed a bit. Then, I exposed everyone. Now we have another exposure in our department. My school's policy is that if you are asymptomatic, you can work with your mask on. Nothing has really changed all that much for us. I am still testing positive on my at-home kits, but most of my issues at the moment are my typical asthma symptoms so I am not sure if they are COVID symptoms or asthma situations. So, I am continuing my social distancing and my mask use as we continue to go through this germy life.

I think I will continue to work in my yellow book to come up with some ideas for work boxes and other things for my newest project. I want to go through a project from start to end to see what tasks actually need to be done in order for the big idea that I had this weekend to actually occur. That will occupy my brain while my interns are leading sessions.

I am hoping that this new project will keep me from feeling so bored that I am not productive. I will put together some session plans just in case my interns have to leave due to COVID. I will do some cleaning and clearing and some brainstorming. Let's hope that my students will cooperate and be very relaxed during music therapy sessions this week.

Anyway, there isn't much to write about this morning. I basically wrote everything that there is to write about concerning my newest brainstorm for work earlier this week, so today is just a quick post. I have a stack of envelopes to send out into the world - car registration, letters to family members, my camera, and my cell phone to take. I need to get my yellow journal for my backpack and my water bottle with home water so I can stay hydrated at work. I don't drink as much as I need to when I am at work. It is hard when masked to get the drinking in that needs to be done. I need my camera to take a picture of a client for a project that we will be working on for use in his next setting - he will not be in a classroom in August. He will be in our new program which means things will change. We will probably not be doing individual sessions any more. I want him to be able to continue our leisure programming at his new program. I cannot find a current picture of him, so I will take a picture of him for use in his new book pages. He has a particular song that he loves, so I want to make sure to have that picture included in the book as well as the pictures associated with his other songs. I do not want his picture in my phone as that has the possibility of moving from my device to the cloud. By using older technology, I can control where that picture goes better. I can also remove it more easily once I am finished with the project. I will make his communication pages into a template so I can reuse the file with information for other clients as well.

Before I can get to work and get started with all of these work projects, though, I need to take my shower and collect my stuff. I will start with the yellow journal, pick up the stack of envelopes, the water, and the camera - then, the stack will go into the backpack and the newest purse that I am trying out this week to see if I like it or not. There was a reason that I stopped using this purse, but I can't remember the reason right now.

Happy Monday, all. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA