TME Tuesday: sing about mini - the May Edition Every Year...

I released my sing about may 2022 edition on Saturday, a bit later than I usually release these subscriptions, but on the 5th which is my release date! I looked back at my releases in May over the past several years, and I noticed a trend.

Every year, I have a release during my busiest weekend in February. I didn't really thing my release date completely through when I decided that I would make it on the fifth of every month, but this only happens once per year, so it isn't really a big deal.

There are implications, though.

In February (when I release sing about may editions), I am always in the midst of the Online Conference for Music Therapy's annual conference. I rarely have time to do much other than conference stuff, so I end up with less ideas to share. As a result, I end up padding the May edition with some of my other writings. Last year's edition included my music compilation of popular music from 1900 to 1979. This year's edition included my Music Therapy Creativity Camp outline from 2015. I find that I want to add more and more stuff during this time of the year.

So, my sing about mini editions include between 4-7 original therapeutic music experiences (TMEs) developed for a variety of client populations. I enjoy finding TMEs for each month. I also enjoy writing the occasional new TME to share. I am getting to the point where I need to write a whole lot more to include in the next several months. That's very nice.

I have several rules for writing sing about books and subscriptions. First, I only use my original work. Second, I write TMEs that are not linked to any sort of population because I want my TMEs to work for music therapists who work with all sorts of clients - not just one population. Last, I only use TMEs that I use with my clients. If my students don't seem to like the TME, then I refine it before adding it into the edition. I keep going until my clients' suggestions and engagement is to a place where I like it. After that, I include the TME in one of the packets. I also try to include a variety of ideas, materials, and goals in each edition.

If you are looking for an inexpensive source for therapeutic music experience ideas chock-full of extras, then may I suggest that you subscribe to my sing about mini editions?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA