Thoughtful Thursday: Snow Day #3

My exhaustion hit a wall yesterday, and I crawled home from my 16 hour workday with the news that today is another snow day. I am home, dressed in my snow day uniform of one of my Dad's college t-shirts and "not appropriate for anything other than home" pants. We have deep snow outside. When I drove home from choir practice last night, it was still 46 degrees Fahrenheit. It is hovering around 20 degrees now and the snow will continue for the next five hours (at least - I am hoping for more!).

So, today's agenda includes rest. It includes resting and cooking and setting up the toilet paper dispenser that is missing in my upstairs bathroom. There may not be much else happening.

I am struggling to be okay with that fact.

I know that I need to rest. I also know that resting here at home means that my co-workers who have to work with my clients are not able to rest. My clients are not able to rest. This means that when we no longer have snow days, my co-workers will be more exhausted than I am at this point right now.

Guilt is an interesting thing.

I refuse to get into it, though. Today is for rest.

Yesterday's sessions went so much better than the sessions on Monday and the first one on Tuesday. Things settled down a bit. Today, though, changes the equation yet again. I am wondering if I will be back at work tomorrow or not.

I am looking forward to resting in just a little bit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA