The Book of Boba Fett, General Fan-ship, and Getting Ready for a Formal Observation - A Day In My Life

I woke up at the usual time (around 3am), wasted some time on social media (TikTok is addictive for me), showered, and I am now sitting here, thinking about what I am going to write about on this Wednesday. 

My boss surprised me with the announcement that it is time for my formal evaluation (happens every three years) and asked when I would like for him to observe. I offered the four remaining sessions that I have this week that are mine alone (translation: My intern isn't running her TMEs in these sessions). He selected my 10am group - a bunch of late adolescents with significant involvement in their developmental concerns. I am nervous - a little - but more about whether he will "get" what I do with kids or whether he will be like his predecessor who really didn't care at all. In fact, the last time I had one of these, the principal didn't even bother to come and observe - she just used the notes she took in the minimal observation that she did the three years before. I wonder how that was legal, but I suspect that is one of the reasons that she is no longer with us. There you go.

Anyway, I am not sure what I am going to do with this batch of clients yet. The TMEs that I have run this week have been a bit lackluster (based on how my clients have responded), so I am wondering if I should stick to my strategy or just throw it completely away and do something else. I know these thoughts are coming from my nerves, but that doesn't mean that I am going to ignore the thoughts completely. It also doesn't mean that I am going to bend and break in every sort of way possible. It just means that I have to make a decision and then progress with the certainty that I can do what I need to do during this upcoming session.

After all, I've been doing it for many, MANY years now!

Have I mentioned that Deforia Lane asked a question at the end of my presentation for OCMT?? Probably not, but SHE DID!! I have been buoyed by that simple question all week now. I have to remember that a simple comment can change someone's attitude about all sorts of things...

[Removed really snarky and inappropriate paragraph about how all clinicians in the facility are being recognized this week EXCEPT for the school therapists... it's way too early for this!]

Anyway, in the last hour before I head to work, I am watching the final chapter in this season of The Book of Boba Fett. I promise that I will not talk about what is going on at all. I have enjoyed this series and how it has extended the story. I think this series has done a great job of combining several story lines into one, and I am looking forward to the next series as they arrive.

I am not sure why this set of stories has resonated so strongly with me, but I have always loved the Star Wars stories - all of them!

On a somewhat related note, John Williams turned 90 yesterday. If you don't know why this is related, then PLEASE contact me so I can introduce you to the wonderful world of John Williams!!

The initial movie was the first one that I remember seeing. I was seven. My parents went to see the first one and then returned to the drive-in theater the next night with all of us in tow - probably because they couldn't find anyone to babysit and thought that we all would fall asleep in the back of the station wagon. My 4 year old sister and 2 year old brother did, but I was riveted! I loved everything about that movie, and I have loved all of the other things that have been part of that universe ever since that first glimpse into possibilities. I was crowned Star Wars Queen by campers at Autism camp for my knowledge.

So, I look forward to new episodes, new story lines, new ways that things connect in these stories. I enjoy watching them over and over again, gaining new insights into what is being conveyed. I miss my Dad in these moments, because he was always up for talking about the Star Wars universe - but, he never got quite as deep into the lore as I have in the past decades...

Right now, I am watching  so I can figure some things out. I will watch this episode again tomorrow morning - I will be too tired tonight after observation nerves and choir and all that. After that, I will watch the entire series again, just because I will be able to!

Okay, one spoiler. I like the Scorpinek droids. I might have to put one in my new bullet journal - have I told you that I am going to make that one Star Wars themed? Did that spoil anything? I don't think so!!

So, watching Boba Fett and thinking about my next bullet journal is making my mood elevate and get better. I am little less nervous about my observation, and a bit more likely to think about these scenes in times when I am struggling with stuff today.

Here are some more "not spoilers!" Wow. Oh. Well? Hm...I wonder if... Oh, so that's why...

Thanks for being here with me on this Wednesday! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA