Systems in Music Therapy: Progress This Week...

I made a bit of progress this week on my current visual aid organization system. I sorted the visual aids into different boxes and brought some rainbow photo card cases that are currently labelled and starting to be filled. I am excited that things are starting to come together the way that I want things to be. I wish I could say the same thing about my house.

I am craving order right now, and I am not finding much of it around me.

So, the progress that I have made is moving me towards finding that order. I have found a couple of categories for my boxes. I have songs, music things, games, tools, and visuals. I haven't been able to find my large sticker paper, so I have not made my labels for the boxes themselves, but I now have my categories. Progress!

My photo card cases are also labelled. I have one for miscellaneous cards. I have one for emotion cards (I have tons of those!). I have one for music cards. Some of them are song cards, some are instrument cards, some are music game cards. I am feeling organized in that arena.

It is nice to feel organized in some areas of my life.

I crave organization. I crave open spaces in my home. I crave systems that make my life smoother. I just don't move quickly. I also don't have lots of solutions to the problems that I have around me yet. I get very overwhelmed by the amount of stuff that I have, and I just can't seem to figure out where to put things. I have closets in every room, but I don't have containers to put things in. I need more bookshelves. I have put my instruments in a room where they aren't really appropriate, and I have to transfer my entertainment stuff to another room as well. Once I get my shelves cut down, I will be able to work on these things. I want to have a functioning paperback library by the end of next week. I want my entertainment room to be instrument free by the end of next week. I want my instruments to be in the third bedroom by the end of the month. This will mean emptying more boxes and getting things out of my way. I may even come across the elusive Tupperware in my stacks of boxes.

I have had some progress this week. That makes me feel that I am moving forward. I think I might spend the night downstairs this evening - sleep in one of my new beds in the downstairs bedrooms - I haven't done that yet. It will be an adventure in my own home! Is that silly? Yes, it is, but I'm going to do it anyway!

It is time to get ready for my day. We have three groups today and four individuals. My intern is running part of two of the groups. I am doing the rest of our sessions, of course. I have been informed that we are going to be changing some of the classroom assignments so we will have another class starting pretty soon. That is good. 

It is time to get showered, dressed, and on my way to work this morning. It is over 40 degrees this morning, so I will not need my coat...

Happy Friday! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA