My Latest Mistake...

Folks, my stress level is soaring to the heights of tolerance at the moment. I am not doing very well with being calm or organized or ready for anything, but I found that I made a BIG mistake this week, and that has just sent me over the top.

Apparently, I have inadvertently booked two moving companies for my move today.

I got a phone call on Monday (I think - all the days just blur together at the moment), asking me to confirm information about moving. Now, I answered all sorts of questions and paid my money when I got the invoice, so now I was being told that I had not paid my invoice or completed the information that they needed. I was very confused, so I checked my bank account - yep, the deposit had gone through on the first of the month. The questions being asked were the ones I had already answered, so I said to the guy, "Is there is reason why I am answering these questions again?" He said that there must have been a mess up with the paperwork, and we ended the call.

Fast forward to this morning when I arrived at my home from packing up parts of my apartment last night to find four messages on my voice mail. Two of them were about my car warranty, but one was from this company that told me that I had not sent my deposit and that they had no record of my answers anywhere. They brought up that I might have sent money to the wrong company - nope, I paid the invoice that was sent to me - FIRST CLUE THAT SOMETHING WAS WRONG! Now, I had asked for an estimate from these folks, but I opted to go with the other company. I have no idea who I have spoken to over the past month and a half, but I have told one group of people what I needed moved and ready to go. I guess I was not able to tell between the two companies when they called me on the phone - I am not good at talking on the phone to begin with, and they have similar names. So, I have canceled the second company's involvement in this day, and hope that the first company (who I actually spoke to and paid) will arrive at 9am as scheduled.

Blech.

I am looking forward to having less stuff in the apartment so I can see what I still need to pack up and move over. I plan on asking the movers to bring over the large pieces of furniture (and all the bookcases) so I can see what is left. I know that I have things in all rooms that have to be packed up still. I am about 68% of the way done with packing up my stuff, and I can have them come back again once I get finished up. My goal is to be finished by 12/12. I can afford to have them move stuff for another three hours next month. It will be fine.

I am understanding the phrase "house poor" a bit more now than I did before.

Anyway, I need to get my current load of instruments out of the car and into the second bedroom before heading back to the apartment to pack some more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Dear AMTA

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment