Toss It Out, Toss It Out, WAAAAAYYY OUT!

I am getting ready to toss things out while I am packing.

I find this part of moving the most difficult for some reason. I am a packrat daughter of a packrat daughter of a packrat daughter of a woman who lived through the Depression and was a pastor's wife with six kids. I have a suspicion that she was also a packrat due to necessity. I am also the creative daughter of a creative daughter of a creative daughter of a creative daughter and repeat. None of my hobbies are simple, so I have tons of stuff that go along with the things that I like to do.

I have difficulty throwing things away. I do not like having to stop in the middle of a project to go get materials, so I keep as much as I can around me at all times. That is a problem because of the stuff accumulation that happens. I still do it, but it isn't all that good for me.

My new house should help with some of this stuff accumulation. I have set out stuff and no stuff zones. The upstairs will be a no stuff zone. That will be the bedroom, guest room, bathroom, living room, and kitchen. I plan to have my clothing, one of my televisions, and some of my decorative instruments on the main floor. Stuff goes down in the basement areas where I will have my office/studio in the family room space, the sewing machine and sewing stuff in the third bedroom, and my library of books, DVDs, and music in the fourth bedroom (it has a BIG closet!!). 

The aspirational plan is to maintain the stuff in the designated areas so that the top floor is always ready for guests!

The problem? I still have lots of stuff!

I have tried to Marie Kondo things. All things spark joy. I have thought about putting things on Ebay to sell to others - that takes time and energy that I do not have. I have tried to donate things to Goodwill, but my store is not accepting donations at this time. They have no clue when they are going to be accepting donations in the near future. I am trying to get a small town library to take my cast off fiction books - got nine bags of books to donate somewhere - but who knows if they will take them or not. If not, then I am giving them to the church for the rummage sale that is held each June.

Time to toss stuff out, pack as much of the rest of the stuff into boxes as possible, and get going on this process.

Time for this packrat daughter to pack!

See you tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA