Messages From Other Sources to Keep In Mind...

Yesterday, I decided that my inspirational messages needed to change a bit. I have two tchotchkes on my desk that include inspirational quotations. In addition, I have a tarot card reading application on my Kindle that is fun to use. I needed to change what I see every morning, so I started with the Kindle app and then moved through my easel thingy and my box of quotations to see what messages are out there for me.

The Kindle app pulled the card - visualization - and then told me that it is time to manifest my dreams through visualizing them and then making them come true. Okay, that is a great message to take with me into an escrow situation and the dream of owning a home pretty darn soon! All the way to work yesterday, I visualized a smooth therapy day with limited need for attention to other things happening. I also visualized my room the way I want it to be. I focused on the arrival of my new cabinet (spoiler - it hasn't arrived yet), but when I arrived in the doorway to my room, there was a surprise!

Picture of an empty room with gray and blue carpet tiles. On the far wall, office door is open, a large electronic device and several murals painted on the wall.
The new carpet - the view from the door
I had new carpeting on my floor! This was a possibility, I knew, but I had not heard anything about when it would arrive, so had not even thought it was a possibility! As of Monday, this had been a space with green tile and two, ratty, beige-ish carpet remnants that were unraveling on the edges and were barely functional. Now, though, the carpet patterns compete with the walls for attention!!

I guess the carpet place in town had some time, so they arrived on Tuesday and put in the carpet tiles! My suite-mates were a bit inconvenienced due to the fact that the carpet people did not read the times that they needed access to their storage closet, but they made it through. It makes such a big difference to walk into the room and be confronted with this new reality.

Room filled with cabinets, a piano, desk items, and a desk chair
My office after the carpet came

So, did I visualize this happening? Very possibly, but I also knew that it would be taking place sometime. What I did not visualize was the state of my office when I opened it up yesterday morning. They had placed everything in there, including the carpet remnants, so I had to rearrange both of my rooms - the main clinic space and my office area. As a result, the goals that I had for today - rearranging the office - had to be postponed because I had to arrange the room before I can rearrange them.

My visualization prompt is helping me a bit to navigate my emotions about all the things that I need to accomplish in the next (gulp) 29 days, but the most inspiring one right now is the newest thing that I have on my desk. It came in one of my subscription boxes (sadly, the boxes are ending, but they were pretty fun while they lasted) and is a collection of cards that have a stand. The one I selected for the moment is "remember to breathe." Yep. I need to remember to breathe.

Yesterday, I came home after doing my six sessions and bus duty. I left work after bus duty and arrived back here at 4:15pm. It was nice to have an extra hour of my after work time to get things going. I put together two boxes of stuff, four bags of things to take to work, three bags of textbooks and sheet music books to take to Goodwill, and two bags of trash for this morning. I also made my bed with clean sheets and talked to my mom and my sister. It was a somewhat productive evening. I was able to clear part of my living room and get some bookshelves sorted. Each time I start to panic about stuff, I think of that card and try to breathe.

My last box is the one that I got from Music Therapy Mailings a long time ago. It is a brown box that has a big stack of cards. I selected one at random this morning and came up with, "How beautiful it is to be alive!" from Henry Septimus Sutton. Now I need to find out who Henry Septimus Sutton was...hmm. English journalist and temperance activist who was also known as a religious poet...interesting.

Okay, so the messages that I am choosing to accept into my life and my desk area right now are all positive. It is time to remember how much fun it is to be alive, while breathing, and that it is important to visualize where I want to be in order to help myself manifest this reality.

Tonight, my main job is to get some quotes on moving from my apartment to my new home. I have an ideal date in mind, but we will see if it will work with the upcoming holidays. I am visualizing this happening on the date I choose - let's see if the world can accommodate my visions.

Okay, time to take stock here. This has been a nice distraction from the music therapy things happening in the association. Things continue to be messy at AMTA. I hope that we will come out of this as a stronger association, but I continue to be concerned. That is starting my anxiety process up again. I need to change my thought processes.

Today is a three group day. I have one in-class interaction and one in music therapy individual session. I will have some time to start working in my office on how I want things to be stored and accessed. Tomorrow also has three group sessions, but there are three individual and dyad sessions to run. I will spend time organizing and moving things about tomorrow as well. I have to add the stuff that I am bringing from home to my work environment, and I am going to continue to visualize the arrival of my last, big, lockable cabinet to finish up my room setup.

Breathe, visualize, and enjoy life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA