Last Quarter of 2021

How did it already get to be the end of October?

I am not ready for today to be today. Work isn't the issue at the moment. Home things are taking over my bandwidth, and it is almost distracting to have to go to work to do the things that are paying for my home things. If I could take the next month off, I think I would get ready for this move. I had hoped to be doing these moving things during one of my school breaks, but it just didn't happen that way.

Life doesn't always happen the way you think it will.

It is already one third of the last quarter of the year 2021. I have been able to be at work for this entire year - no full isolation situations at my facility. I have shared this year with two interns who have had to figure out how to do music therapy in our pandemic reality right along with me. I am currently trying to figure out how to do music therapy without an intern - something I do quite often as an internship director - get back into doing music therapy as full-time clinician.

I am enjoying the opportunity to get to know all my clients again. One of the most difficult parts of being an ID is sharing my therapeutic relationships with other therapists. I am selfish enough to enjoy being THE music therapist, but I am enough of a mentor to know that there is plenty of relationship to share with others. I am enjoying the time in my office by myself but I also miss the camaraderie shared between two music therapists.

I am still feeling happy. I still find myself grinning at interesting times. I am spending lots of time by myself, and that's fine with me at the moment. I miss my kitty. I miss my Dad. I am feeling like I have a challenge ahead which is one of the things that I love about life - challenges.

I have three groups today and two dyad sessions. We are going to spend some time singing today. I am going to use the drum to center us and then sing as much as I can about as many things as I can. I want to tear down my cymbals to put them away in the shelves that I have. I want to stack the drums a bit and move things around. I also desperately need to vacuum up all the carpet dust and things in the office.

All I am thinking about, though, is getting home and packing things up in totes and boxes and taking down bookshelves.

All my students are thinking about is the Costume Parade happening today and the parties in classes this afternoon. We are all distracted. Let's hope that we get through today and into the rest of the month without too much difficulty.

Next month is moving month. My Thanksgiving will be held in my new home. That's the plan, and I have almost convinced myself of that fact. The anxious voice in the back of my head keeps telling me not to get too invested, but I am invested! The rational voice in the front of my head says that most people get the homes that they want without the types of issues that my parents had over and over and over again, but I lived through those issues and they still try to take over my excitement. It is time to fully commit to what the next month will bring.

I will be moving into my new home. I will be leaving the place I have lived with my Boo-Belle for a new place to live without her. I will move into the new house, find my way into doing things differently from how I do them, and then make my house a home for me. If nothing else, the purchase of this new place to leave is getting my sister to make plans to come to a state that she swore she would never come to again! What a sacrifice she is making for me!!

The rest of this year is coming. 2022 is on its way. I am hoping that things will happen the way I am thinking that they will. We will see, won't we?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA