Oh Me, Oh My

I cannot do it. I cannot write about how I am feeling today because I just can't handle the fact that I am not feeling well, that I am frustrated that I can't seem to do anything because I am constantly putting out fires, and all of that...

So, it is time to figure out what I can write about here.

My emotions are off the table. Oops, almost went into that thread again. Work is off the table since it seems to be the source of most of my current frustrations. What does that leave?

Well, my giveaway! I have to get that launched tomorrow!! Eeps! I have put together six different file folders, several other resources, and all that, but I am not ready for marketing quite yet. That will need to be this evening's process - taking pictures and getting things ready for tomorrow's launch.

One of my favorite things to do is to make visual aids. I have boxes and boxes of resources that I use with my clients, and I keep making more! There is nothing more satisfying to me than seeing my clients using something that I have made from scratch except when they take my ideas and turn it into their own music. I enjoy working with paper - making file folder activities that address various tasks and concepts, making books and journals, making little bits of pretty things. My laminator is my most important music therapy tool! (In the interest of full disclosure, I have four laminators! My favorite is the first one I bought a long time ago - my Fellowes menu laminator.) 

I haven't spent much time making things this past month. When I go into my craft room, I get distracted by the boxes that I have there. I think that I need to clean up a bit before I am rewarded with playing with paper. This is not a true thought, but one that I just cannot get over these days. So, I have found it difficult to spend time making things. My brain is telling me that I have to be doing things that I do not find motivating. My heart just wants to play. It is time to give my heart a chance to go free.

Time to head out to work through my Tuesday groups. Nope, not going there. After work, I have to head to the store to get a pick up order of a new vacuum for my music therapy clinic. The old one started burning earlier this month. I will have a bit of time to put things away, make dinner, and then I hope to convince my brain that I can make things without having any sort of guilt. I will talk to my mom and my sister, and I will watch television. I will also spend a bit of time trying to get my marketing information ready to go.

It is time to get myself dressed and ready to head into my Tuesday. Wish me luck! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA