Blog Post: Take Two

My posts for the past two days have been nothing but complaining about all the stuff happening in my life, so I have been at a loss about what to write that isn't just me being in the throes of grief and constant stress.

So, this is me trying to acknowledge what is going on in my life while still trying to present a firm and calm position. It is not going to be easy. The latest stressors that have appeared are broken toilets in my home and my sister's home being in the path of a wildfire. Ugh. We have had enough going on. 

Anyway...

Let's see if I can come up with something to write about that is not all about me. I'm tired of writing about these things, so it is time to take a step towards finding different content topics.

Julie Palmieri over at Serenade Designs often offers suggestions for blog posts and different marketing ploys, and I enjoy reading those suggestions. I do not often write about her ideas or use them in my own posts, but they are out there for anyone to use in their own blogs.

I have been spending lots of time lately exploring the types of things that I want to learn how to do on my new technology in the music therapy room. I now have a Promethean Board to use as part of my music therapy intervention with my clients, and I have little knowledge about how to use it. I found a really good, 2-hour presentation about using Google Slides, directed towards music teachers. I am halfway through the presentation. I haven't learned much about Google Slides that I didn't already know, but it has been valuable to watch just for the reminders. I will be trying to set up a virtual classroom in the next several days to use with clients at some point. No, not at some point, but during the Labor Day week. There. A time-framed goal. I will develop my Google Slide virtual classroom to use with clients during the week of September 6, 2021.

I have blocked out time in my schedule for content creation. My Thursdays and Fridays have the least number of group sessions, so I have some time for playing around with Google and YouTube and the ProBo. I am going to do some outlining and planning and getting some tasks completed this afternoon.

I am not able to think anymore. I have to get my breathing treatment medication into the nebulizer so I can do a treatment once I get to work. I'm on way too much medication and too much stress to think any more clearly. I have a goal, so I am going to work on that goal. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Dear AMTA

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment