Woeful Wednesday

I am officially half-way through my music therapy week, and I am WIPED OUT! Egad! I always feel this way during the summer which is one reason why I do not have such good summers. I am constantly bombarded by scents that irritate my already irritated lungs which leads to medication use and breathing treatments and the need to stay pretty close to my rescue inhaler because I just can't predict when some numb knob will decide that they deserve to clog up my air with Scentsy products (can't breathe around them), or, even worse, use spray air freshener!

Before I sink into a diatribe about scents and their use in the workplace, I want to shake myself out of this situation and into another frame of thought.

I am not looking forward to my groups today. I am tired and crabby and finding it difficult to breathe, but I will drag my aching body into work to do what I have to do today because I am jealously guarding my last remnant of sick time for this year until after the new contract year begins. The groups will be fine.

Oops, going down that negative road again. Shake it off.

At times, it is difficult to get out of the rut that we are in. At least, it is for me. There are too many things happening around me that just try to stuff me back into the rut. I will drive myself to work in the early morning sun, sit in my office, do my music therapy notes, nebulize, do my music therapy groups, stand outside in the heat and humidity for bus duty, finish my day, and then head out into the world to come home and crawl into bed. This is the way my summers go.

My head hurts.

My headaches are a combination of asthma and the medication that I have to take to alleviate the asthma. I feel better when I medicate, but have to deal with the withdrawal when I do not - I cannot wake up to nebulize in the middle of the night without losing all ability to sleep.

Ooh. I just caught a glimpse of the sunrise. It is a streaky pink and blue type of day. I miss the opportunity to see the sunrise at this time of year, but I know that I will get to see more sunrises after Midsummer. Sunrises and sunsets are the best part of the day for me - a chance to observe a celestial event that is always different and also always the same in many ways.

Things can't be all bad in a world where there are sunrises and sunsets. Right?

It is time to get ready to go out into that world. I have a load of stuff to take with me - I can't nebulize before I go to work because I can't drive under the influence of that stuff, so I have to take the nebulizer and the medication as well as the stuff that I usually take with me. I will get gasoline today during my ride, and then come home to a home offer submission and then playing the waiting game to see if it will be accepted. Moving forward a bit at a time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA