New Video about Making a Choice Board

As I speak, I am uploading a process video that I made yesterday. I am not necessarily the best videographer that ever was, but I am learning, and I do enjoy showing what I can do with a couple pieces of paper and a camera. I was nervous about an eye doctor appointment (that got cancelled so all those nerves were unnecessary), so I put together something I've mentioned before in my blog - a theme-based choice board for clients to use to shape their own music therapy sessions. The end result is gorgeous (if I do say myself), and I am so excited about getting the process on video that I could just burst!

I CAN CHECK SOMETHING OFF MY TO-DO LIST!!

It is taking a very long time to upload, but that seems to be the way things go around here. It will go faster once I am no longer using the internet for anything other than uploading. After about two hours of uploading, it finally was finished!!

 

So, why do I make these boards? It goes along with my current focus on my theme boxes and ideas for coordinating my stuff into coherent patterns of therapy. With a choice board based on my dinosaur theme, I know exactly what needs to go into the box that has my dinosaur stuff in it; the Dinostory Rock Opera links and visuals, the dino rhythm card set that I have, the rhythm sorting game, lyric sheets for dinosaur songs, the dinosaur playlist/CD, the sand tray, and the list goes on and on. Put the choice board on top of that box, and I can feel confident that things will be where I want them to be. 

I may make a monthly theme board to keep in my month boxes. July's box has some patriotic themes as well as some summer things to do. I could put together a choice board for the patriotic theme and another one for the summer stuff. Since both of the boards are made out of a file folder, they will not take up too much space in the box.

Ooh, a new project that includes making things that have a function in my music therapy sessions! I love it! Time to customize my customizable Teachers Pay Teachers file and get going!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA