Another Rough Night

I am falling into a pattern where I do not sleep well on Sunday nights. No matter what I do to keep myself ready to sleep through the night, I wake up early and often on Sunday/Monday nights. I am not sure why this is happening. I do not feel particularly anxious about going to work, I don't think. I just can't seem to figure out how to change that pattern.

My mother used to get into huge anxiety patterns over work. She had to go on anti-anxiety medication to help her navigate the work stress that she had. I am not sure that is what is going on with me, but it is something worth exploring, I guess.

I would think that my sleep disturbance (if it really was an anxiety thing) would happen on Monday/Tuesday nights due to the groups that I have on Tuesdays. Mondays are easy in comparison. I did not take a nap yesterday afternoon - on purpose - and ate early to see if that would help. It did not. I still woke up at 1:07 am and struggled to get back to sleep.

It is supposed to be cooler today than in previous days. Maybe the sleeplessness has something to do with barometric pressures. Hmm. Something to consider.

Today I will be asking my new principal about moving time. I will need another cabinet and an entire day without students to get things finished up. He wants this process finished by June 30, but I need some more direction. He still hasn't told the people who will be moving in that they are moving, so I am not sure how much I need to get done now. I would like to cancel a Tuesday (the rough group day), but I need some direction from my boss about whether I can do that... I also need the aforementioned cabinet to put some things into.

Rough nights often lead to rough mornings for me, but this one will not defeat me. I am not breathing as easily as I have in the past three days - that may have contributed to the rough night as well. I will do a breathing treatment when I get to work to help with that process. The inhaler will give me a bit of relief until that point. I went out yesterday into the heat, humidity, and allergen-riddled world. I wonder if that is why the asthma came back and if that is what interrupted my night. I wonder.

I have one group to lead today and one individual to stare down during the scheduled time. That particular individual sat with a mouthful of food and refused to do anything last week. This may not be the best time to go see this particular individual but it is the only time that matches both of our busy schedules. The therapy load is not all that full on Mondays, so there is really little to nothing to be anxious about.

I'm not all that convinced that my sleepless Sunday/Monday nights are the result of anxiety. I wonder if they have something to do with just wanting to get the work week started. After the past 15 months of uncertainty, I may just have put myself into a pattern of being nervous about the start of the week and the possible changes waiting once I actually got myself to work.

Ooooh. I just caught a glimpse of the sunrise - it's all streaky reds and purples which means rain clouds are in the area. Today would be a great day to be driving to work early. I think I will succumb to the temptation of being out in that dawn and sign off now. Toodles! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA