Enough Is Enough

I am once again sitting in front of my keyboard, staring at the blinking cursor, wondering what I will be writing about in the next hour or so. I don't know if you noticed, but I didn't write much last week. I just couldn't for some reason. Now, this doesn't mean that I didn't do anything last week - I actually composed several songs, figured out several conundrums, and completed lots of things on my task lists. I limited my YouTube watching at work and found some more productive tasks to accomplish. So, overall, it was a good week. I am not sure why blogging went by the wayside, but it did.

It is a bit silly, actually, that I have these types of blocks. This blog is not meant to be anything extremely research-based or even all that important to other people, but it is a place for me to write about my journey through life as a music therapist. There are some times when I focus a bit more on the "me" part of "music, therapy, and me" than on the other parts of the triad, but that's my prerogative. It's my blog. If you don't like what I write, then don't read it. (In all honesty, I've only had one negative experience with writing this blog, and I believe that the person who protested didn't even bother to read what I had written.) I figure that those of you who read this (even when I don't post on social media about it all) find something in this exercise that keeps you coming back. I had one person tell me once that they started reading my blog because their mother found it - the pull for that person was that I was A) a music therapist who B) liked cats.

Hey, I'll take it! I figure that anyone who gets here is looking for something, and I hope that I can give them something of what they want...but, that's not why I write about my life as a music therapist.

I write about my life as a music therapist because it is something I feel called to do. I love writing, I love music therapy, and I love sharing music with other people whether it be through a therapeutic relationship or through other venues. This blog has become part of my identity as a human, and I am comfortable with that thought.

It is time to get myself back into the routine of writing again. For years, I had a series of posts going. I got out of that routine several years ago, but I want to start that up again. I think I will get back into my TME Tuesday posts. It is well past time to find some structure again. Other series may return or I may shift into other types of posts as I get back into the routine of writing. Are there any topics that you want me to write about? New ones? Old ones? I am wondering if there are any topics that I used to talk about that seemed to help others as much as myself...

So, TME Tuesday starts on the 27th. I have some new ones to share!! Can't wait. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA