Why Is Day Two ALWAYS Harder Than Day One??

I did everything that I wanted to do last evening.

I got home, spent some time organizing my space and evening, and I did all the things. I finished sing about april - (you could purchase it here, if you want...). I found out that our Monthly Music Therapy Meets have been approved for CMTEs - no revisions!! Boom! I was also asked to develop a course for a different online platform. Eeeee! I was out of my bed until 7:50 and then fell asleep pretty easily.

That's where the good things kinda stopped.

All night, I woke up and struggled with getting back to sleep. I don't know if I was dreaming or startling myself awake or responding to hot flashes, but I woke up about five times that I remember. After all that, I dozed until my light turned on at 4:19am. I dragged myself out of bed, did my hygiene, and am now staring at the computer with bleary eyes and some difficulty breathing. I should probably use my inhaler - be right back...

I didn't have anything on my mind that I remember. I finished all the tasks that had to be done today so there wasn't anything that stressed me with thoughts of getting things done - when that happens, I've learned to do what my brain wants me to do. My only deadline for today was finished up yesterday by 6:30pm.

It is possible that much of my anxiety/lack of sleep was due to being back at work and not being able to do what I wanted to do yesterday because of the action (or inaction) of other people. I was ready to set up my new storage closet, but the people who have had 6 weeks to coordinate their new space had done NOTHING! The room was the same mess that it was when I came back after Thanksgiving. I had to email my supervisor about whether they were actually going to do ANYTHING at all. I volunteered to move it since I had a day's worth of time to work and had little to do because EVERYTHING that I needed to do was based on having that closet empty and ready for me to move in! When I left work yesterday, two people were starting to take things out of the closet. I am sure that there will still be things that need to be done by others when I get there today, but I will be able to start taking over the space.

I didn't just sit yesterday. I laminated all sorts of things for use with clients. That reminds me, I need more laminating materials. I started a bunch of community focused books that I will write songs to accompany the book use. I finished up several projects that have just been sitting on my shelf waiting some attention. I need to take in more laminating film and my heavy duty paper cutter today so I can finish things up after we move things into the closet!

I AM MOVING INTO THE CLOSET TODAY!!! (By hook or by crook, I tell ya!)

This morning, I am moving slowly, I feel arthritic, and I have a day of moving things ahead of me. I am already tired, so the exertion should be good for me but it will probably exhaust me. I have things to do this evening, so I need to be ready to work on those tasks. I cannot tire myself out completely, but I do need to physically work today. No sitting around making things today.

I get to start bringing back some of my stuff!! I am excited about that. It will be nice to have some of the more authentic instruments available for use (after COVID, of course) rather than the plastic-y things that I had to prioritize for the space. I have lots of things to bring back into my expanded space, and I hope to give my intern more room in her office as well as to have some more organization and room in my own office.

Wow, I would have really liked to have both of these days to organize the closet and the offices. I am now realizing that I will not be able to finish my office today because I am having to spend today in the closet. Oh well. That's what happens when you are dependent upon the actions of others - things don't go the way you think they should. Blergh!

I think I will splurge on some fast food this morning to fuel my work day. That means getting my stuff together and getting out the door about 6am, but that's easy when you've been (reluctantly) up since your alarm went off... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA