I am Hoping for an Inclement Weather Day That Will Probably Never Arrive...

Outside my window, it is currently snowing. There isn't much there, but there is snow and some of the rural school districts in our neighboring state have already closed for the day. That's not unusual, but I am waiting to see if the big boys close because if they do, then we will. Around here, school closings have to do with whether buses can navigate the gravel county roads safely, so everything hinges on the bus drivers. When I look at bit more closely at the closings list, I see that most of the rural school districts aren't completely closed - they are just having a delayed opening this morning. That means that we will probably have to head to work.

I need a day to be able to be at home when things are open in the financial world, and the only way I can get that sort of day is through an inclement weather day. My sister had an emotional breakdown yesterday. She is overwhelmed by being my mother's sole source of support and being the target of my mother's emotions. They are very similar in how they handle things, and they are yelling at each other, making each other cry, and then talking to me about it. I don't know what to do, and I am unable to be there to do some of the things that need to be done. Both of them tend to go into panics about things that cannot be done at the time that they need things to be done. I am trying to help, but I can't be there. I let her cry things out, and she seemed able to move through life a bit more clearly after our talk. We are in the grief process, and we are feeling alone in our various places and situations.

I need some time to sit down with Mom to see what she knows and what she needs help with. I tend to be a bit less sensitive to the yelling than my sister who yells back. I just absorb it. I'm not sure which way is healthier, but we do what we do.

The closing list is growing, but none of the schools down south are closing. It looks like I'll be stuck going in through the snow again to worry about Mom and Kelly and to do some music therapy.

A quick update on my quest for individual sessions - two of the five students that I have scheduled are now on quarantine. Another is sick and may not be able to engage in the session this week. Today is my busiest day of the week, and I'm just not feeling it.

The closing list is still growing, but not for me. Blech. I am just not feeling like going to work today, but I have to. Okay. Time to get ready. 

It is amazing that all of this has happened in three weeks. It has only been three weeks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA