Grief Continues

My father passed away this morning in his sleep.

It's my mother's birthday.

For fifty years, I have had the guidance of two wonderful parents who have nurtured me, supported me, and challenged me. Today we mourn the loss of one of those parents while celebrating the birth of the other one. 

Here's my favorite picture of my Dad...


He just twinkles so much in this picture, and I love how he is looking mischievous. My friend took this picture of the two of us sitting outside looking at the ocean. He got as far as the bench right by the sand and let the two of us go exploring in the water. The beach was not his idea of a good time - he liked the idea that he could go see it whenever he wanted, but he didn't really want to actually go there. He had the same thoughts about the mountains. He liked being able to see them but didn't want to actually go there. He loved being the host and the center of attention, and I will miss our nightly phone calls so very much.

I am Zooming with my sister at the moment. She called crying, and I needed to see her, so I suggested that we Zoom. Technology is a wonderful thing. We have been through several of the stages of grief in a cyclical manner in the past 40 minutes. Today is a day of mourning and of celebration of the lives of both of the people that made me who I am. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA