Finding Focus When It Is Hard To Find

 Blog post - take two.

I started writing about an hour ago, but nothing I wrote made sense to my muddled brain. There is nothing wrong with me other than a bit of grief and lots of things on my to-do list that have to be finished in the next two days before I head back to work. I am having some difficulty focusing on any task for more than about three minutes before my brain shuttles me off to something else, so this post may not make a bunch of sense.

It is difficult for me to focus right now. I'm not entirely sure why. So, when this happens to me, I rely on my book of things to do.

Here are the things that I have to finish today - if I get nothing else done, these things need to happen...

  • produce Sunday School video
  • upload said video
  • fold laundry
  • put laundry in closet
  • strap fingers 3 more times (already did one)
  • finish CBMT application for Monthly Music Therapy Meets!
  • cook something
  • eat
  • drink as much water as possible

I have started the laundry. The last load has just finished drying, so it is ready to be piled on the bed to wait folding. I am in the process of making the Sunday School video - it takes quite a bit of time to edit these things together. I washed the big dishes yesterday, so I am ready to cook a bit today. I want a pineapple upside down cake but there is no one to make one for me, so I guess I will have to make my own.

On days like this, I find that writing things down does help me find a bit of focus. I like using the plethora of small sticky notes that I have at my fingertips at all times to line out these tasks in a way that I can rip up and throw away when I am finished with them. I like removing them completely rather than crossing them off or out.

I need to focus on the video, so I am going to close this post and get going. Thanks for being here, even when I can't seem to get from one end of the sofa to another without becoming distracted... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA