2021 is Here.


Music therapy friends - I'm starting some monthly meets.
 
Our first Monthly Music Therapy Meet will happen on January 12, 2021 at 8EST/7CST/6MST/5PST. 
 
Attendance is free for everyone. The meeting will be held via Zoom - I will be sending out links for those who respond to the survey link below on the 7th.
 
Please fill out the survey to indicate what you would like to get out of this type of community-building event. I am especially interested if you want me to turn this into an event that has CMTEs available - there will be a cost for the CMTEs but not for the Meets - anyone will be able to attend those for free at any time.
 
I will record these meetings, so you do not have to be present to get the CMTEs or to learn from us all.
 

Happiest of New Years to you and yours!

I am sitting in my quiet apartment, looking at frozen rain and sleet to usher in this new year (because, why not, 2021?), and watching 101 Dalmatians (the original cartoon movie) because it is sleeting and icing outside and there is no place to go. I am announcing a new way to meet with other MTs - one that is just right up my alley - all about building community and generating ideas for music therapy clinicians. The details are above - including the link to the survey that will serve as our registration page for a bit.

(There are already 2 responses, and the survey has been open for less than 15 minutes! I'm excited about this!!)

What I envision is a lively discussion and opportunities to help each other with resource development and sharing. I hope that other music therapists will come along with me on this journey - I am seeking a clinical music therapy community that seems to be missing in this current time, at least, for me!

My 2021 is starting off on a busy note - I will be upgrading to a professional Zoom account today, finishing up a CMTE application for these meetings - the two people who have responded have indicated an interest in earning CMTEs, so it's a done deal - and cooking something to eat later on. I am thinking that I need to make my favorite special dish. I was going to cook that on Christmas Day, but you all know what happened, so I have the ingredients and am ready to go. The kitchen is also relatively clean, so I can get to the appliances that I need for this recipe. I also need to get in my stretching and my strapping so that my fingers will bend. They are stiff and swollen today - maybe due to the weather?? If that's the case, this will not be a great way to live here in Kansas - the weather changes all the time - it is very quixotic, Janice! I made some progress on my decluttering goal yesterday by cleaning up the bookshelves in my bedroom. I don't know where I will be heading to later today, but I am clearing out slowly but surely. I have a stack of things to either laminate or cut out for organization into file folder activities for my clients (who are supposed to be back on the 6th in face-to-face school). I am also supposed to try playing the guitar with my stiff, swollen fingers. I can play the piano and need to get used to using both hands again. It has been a long time since I've been able to bend enough to play chords. I also want to spend some time crafting. I have two days after this one before I go back to work, so I am intending on using those days to do as many leisure things as possible. I also have to get sing about april done for release on the 5th - Tuesday. One more thing - I have to coordinate the January-February Intern Webinar series! Time to get going.

Please consider whether you want to be part of our Monthly Music Therapy Meets. They will be free to attend, and there will be a cost if you want CMTEs. I'm not exactly sure how much it will cost yet, but I will keep it pretty low for all of us.

Three responses now! This is so exciting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA